Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: Tradesmen International
Occupational Category: 47-2073.00,Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
• Tradesmen International, America's elite skilled labor force, is seeking highly motivated craft professionals to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees serving the world's top contractors. With more than 5,000 active clients, we have plenty of great job opportunities for Journeymenheavy equipment operator who are among the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits and safety training to our employees. If you're a Journey-Level heavy equipment operator and want to work alongside other proven craftsmen who emphasize safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, this is your chance to advance your career!
• Job Summary:
• Operate heavy Equipment-specifically Fine Grade Operators, Track Excavators, Bull Dozer's, and Motor Graders.
• Essential Functions:
• Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage, or loss of life.
• Meet performance and technical standards at journeyman Level.
• Safely operate heavy equipment in and among live traffic.
• Wear personal protective equipment.
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks/procedures per operator's manual.
• Ensure compliance with company quality control standards and procedures.
• Read grade stakes.
• Perform daily lubrication of equipment as per operator's manual.
• Complete required paperwork including Operator's Daily Report.
• Perform manual labor such as digging or shoveling, assisting with placement of pipe and material, or other manual labor duties as assigned.
• Proactively and diplomatically communicate with Superintendent, Leader, customers and peers concerning equipment and job-related problems.
• Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
• Must be able to pass a background check to include NO FELONIE'S.
• Knowledge of:
• OSHA safe trenching regulations.
• Utility installation.
• Heavy construction equipment operation.
• Occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
• Construction operations.
• Basic and routine construction drawings, blueprints, sketches, diagrams and specifications.
• Soils, aggregate fill materials, bases, proper mixing and compacting techniques.
• Quality control standards and procedures.
• Ability to:
• Recognize problems or errors at work site related to position.
• Make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment and detect problems with equipment.
• Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
• Work with indirect supervision.
• Must be prompt, reliable and dependable with work schedule.
• Must have a valid driver's license for the state in which you resided with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
• Prefer certificate or degree in Heavy Equipment Operation or related field.
• 5 years of experience operating heavy equipment MINIMUM.
• Physical Requirements:
• Ability to work in field environment with exposure to dust, exhaust fumes, noise, and vibration.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to physically climb in and out of equipment safely and operate levers or pedals to make fine, highly controlled muscular movements to adjust the position of control mechanisms.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to work in extreme hot and cold and adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to work and walk on uneven terrain.
• Ability to shovel.
• Ability to bend, sit, stoop, and stand for long periods of time in the outdoor weather.
• Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
• Ability to work for prolonged periods with unscheduled breaks.
• Ability to work unscheduled overtime hours.
• The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
• Company Details
• Tradesmen International, America's elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced Commercial Carpenters to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled craftsmen with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled construction carpenters that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America. In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us. + Vacation Pay + Health insurance + Dental and vision plan + Prescription drug plan + Life insurance + Short-term disability + 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan + Incentive programs + Tool purchase programs _Tradesmen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)._
• Recruiter Name
• Victor Espinoza
• US-TX-El Paso
• Posted Date
• _6 hours ago_ _(1/31/2020 1:51 PM)_
• _Req ID_
• _Equipment - Heavy Equipment Operator_
• _Job Board_
• _US-TX-El Paso_
Associated topics: aggregate, backhoe, deere, diesel, diesel mechanic, fleet, heavy equipment opr, heavy equipment technician, john deere, loader