Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: USAA
Occupational Category: 13-2051.00,Financial Analysts
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Financial Analyst I for the San Antonio Home Office I.
Independently uses financial principles to solve moderately complex to complex business problems while performing forecasting, planning, and financial modeling related to income, profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and liability management or operating expense.
• Develops financial forecasts/plans for a major business area or expense category; with little or no supervision, develops and implements forecasting/planning process, and model improvement initiatives.
• Independently prepares recurring or ad hoc financial reports and analysis or cost benefit analysis to support and provide insights for internal and external management decision-making.
• Delivers moderately complex to complex financial research and value-added business decision support and recommends or implements solutions to key financial and operational opportunities with limited or no supervision.
• Responsible for product assignments, product pricing, product profitability and ad hoc analysis.
• Acts as a valued business partner by providing informed, proactive analysis and business insights to enable effective decision-making and efficient resource utilization.
• Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business, its products and processes to resolve issues and navigate obstacles to deliver work product.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field required OR Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• If Bachelor's degree, 4 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required OR If Master’s degree, 2 years of financial/accounting analysis or related work experience OR If 1 year of progress towards an advanced financial degree or completion of 2 exams towards the CFA designation, 2 years of financial/accounting analysis or related work experience.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
• Expense reporting and analysis experience
• Experience working with data, relational databases, data warehouses (i.e., Hyperion Profitability & Cost Management/HPCM) or similar software
• Experience using dashboards and other visualization tools (i.e., Tableau)
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products (mainly with proficiency in Excel and Access)
• Financial modeling experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/29/20 by 11:59 pm CST time .
Find your purpose. Join our mission.
USAA has grown to serve almost 12 million members. USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 32,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer - applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law