Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: SWBC
Occupational Category: 13-2051.00,Financial Analysts
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
SWBC has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Analyzes financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; and makes recommendation actions.
• Assists Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analysts and the Vice President by gathering, modeling, and presenting data from various sources for budgeting, planning, and various ad hoc requests.
• Creates financial statement reports for various internal and external customers including quarterly total company and business unit level reports using discretion and judgment.
• Aggregates and loads budget and forecast data from the business units, as well as shared services departments.
• Assists in the planning of short and long-term business objectives, as well as tracks various key performance indicator metrics.
• Creates various ad hoc requests to investigate business challenges and/or issues.
• Performs market and industry research.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business Administration with coursework in Finance, Accounting, or Economics from an accredited college or four-year university required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a financial analyst. Experience with Workday required. Required experience includes working with a variety of information systems, and data files, including large and complex files: analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products; and report writing software, i.e. Crystal Reporting, Microsoft Reporting Services. Salesforce.com and Microsoft PowerBI experience preferred.
• Must have working knowledge of technology skills required for analysis and reporting of data.
• Must have working knowledge in automated sales management tools, preferably SalesForce.com.
• Must have familiarity of the statistics and algorithms used to predict the meaning of the data.
• Must have familiarity with relational databases, i.e. Access, and tools for data aggregation/analysis.
• Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must have strong decision making, detail oriented, and problem-solving skills.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
• Must be highly motivated self-started.
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple assignments, projects, and priorities.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced collaborative environment and build strong working relationships.
• Must be able to work in a priority/deadline driven environment.
• Able to use basic office equipment, including copy machine, personal computer, and fax.
• Able to type 40 WPM.
• Able to travel locally or nationally by car or plane.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
• Must be able to stand, stoop, and kneel to file for long periods of time.
• Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs. of files, supplies, documents, or other related items.
SWBC is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Please note, SWBC does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
SWBC offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. SWBC also provides opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about SWBC, visit our website at www.SWBC.com. If interested, please click the appropriate apply button. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements need apply