Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: USAA
Occupational Category: 13-2051.00,Financial Analysts
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Purpose of Job
Proven ability to lead cross functional teams and influence outcomes. Teaches and mentors others about complex financial processes. Leads all CoSA financial process and expense categories to solve complex business problems while performing forecasting, planning, and financial modeling related to income, profitability, liquidity, capital, leverage, asset and liability management or operating expense. Drives and motivates team members to provide advanced analytics and insights around key business drivers. Assists management in assigning team tasks and managing workflow.
• Drives and motivates the team to provide better analytics and insights around key business drivers.
• Anticipates opportunities to tackle the most complex and / or unique business problems, providing proactive financial solutions with holistic and forward-looking perspectives to enable better decision making by senior management.
• Consistently interacts with senior management becoming their trusted advisor on all financial issues.
• Make recommendations to solve day today, as well as strategic financial business problems.
• Teaches and mentors others about complex financial processes, business drivers and systems ensuring information sharing and knowledge transfer.
• Reviews analysts work and assists management in assigning tasks and managing workflow.
• Leads initiatives to develop an integrated enterprise planning process from multiple companies and/or staff agency processes and technologies.
• Directs analyses and guides the development, enhancement, and implementation of critical processes, programs, and technologies.
• Anticipates opportunities and potential solutions, leads cross-functional teams through the problem resolution process, and advises senior management on issues.
• Acquires and applies expert knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
• Performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution across multiple systems, functions, or processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field required; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• If Bachelor's, 8 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required OR If Master’s, 6 years of financial/accounting analysis or related work experience OR If 1 year of progress towards an advanced financial degree or completion of 2 exams towards the CFA designation, 6 years of financial/accounting analysis or related work experience.
• Subject-matter-expert knowledge of data analysis and relevant technical accounting/finance acumen required.
• Subject-matter-expert level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
• Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
• Project/Program Management experience
• Background in Shared Services FP&A
• Background in FP&A Business Partner
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 01/16/2020 by 11:59 pm CST time