Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: SWBC
Occupational Category: 15-2031.00,Operations Research Analysts
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
SWBC has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Serves as a key member of the Accounting and Finance team, helping to drive and implement SWBC's Corporate Finance and Accounting strategy. Assists in ensuring accurate and timely execution of SWBC business transactions by clearly understanding our customer's needs and the end-to-end business processes. Evaluates, monitors, and validates business transactions and activities to ensure accuracy and adherence to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk.
• Works across business units to improve monitoring, discover issues, mitigate risk, and deliver a better value to the customer.
• Works with business units to identify and resolve control issues for customer transaction reporting, processing, and accounting.
• Works across business units to ensure adherence to internal controls and provides support for audit and regulatory reviews.
• Builds relationships with internal partners, as well as external customers and vendors, working with them to optimize and enhance integration and business results.
• Monitors, analyzes, and reviews accuracy of executed transactions to support business operations.
• Escalates technical issues by reporting them to the SWBC technology partners and leadership.
• Supports the technology group by testing system enhancements, as requested.
• Assists with guiding the overall strategic direction of the risk analysis process and system improvement opportunities, including governance and refinement of continuous improvement.
• Works to analyze and monitor key performance indicators.
• Facilitates training sessions for Finance and Accounting processes and system improvements.
• Adheres to SWBC data and systems governance, data integrity, and data security guidelines.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Masters Degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems from an accredited four-year university or a Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems from an accredited four-year university and one of the following certifications: CPA, CFE, CIA.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with industry risk management, financial and operational analysis, and process improvement.
• Minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience.
• Workday experience preferred.
• Must be deadline oriented and have strong sense of urgency.
• Must have knowledge of banking, lender placed insurance, debt collection activities, and mortgage origination.
• Must have knowledge of risk management, performing risk assessments, and financial analysis.
• Must have highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Must have exceptional planning and execution skills.
• Must have proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have demonstrated ability and skills to employ judgement and experience to make rapid and complex decisions.
• Must be able to work on several projects at once.
• Must be able to use basic office equipment, including copy machine, personal computer, and fax.
• Must be able to type 40 WPM.
• Must be able to travel locally or nationally by car or plane.
• Advanced licenses, including Lean and Six Sigma certifications, preferred.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
SWBC is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Please note, SWBC does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
SWBC offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. SWBC also provides opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about SWBC, visit our website at www.SWBC.com. If interested, please click the appropriate apply button. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements need apply