Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: USAA
Occupational Category: 13-2041.00,Credit Analysts
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Purpose of Job
Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in quantitative analytics to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and business acumen related to core discipline(s), products and processes.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA’s noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
• Applies expert analytical knowledge to utilize advanced analytics to assess future risk and/or new risks, opportunities, and effectiveness.
• Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
• Presents findings to senior level leadership.
• Applies expert knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
• Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
• Performs model validations and presents results to senior leadership.
• Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
• Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to senior leadership. Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results.
• Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
• Applies expert knowledge to produce advanced analytical material to lead discussions with cross functional teams and senior leadership to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
• Demonstrates thought leadership in cross functional team environments.
• Drives and creates cross functional teams in support of initiatives that have significant impact to the enterprise or a core business area.
• Provides direction and mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
• Expertly communicates analytical results, findings and solutions to governance committees and business process owners and influences business analysis.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline.
• 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• 8 years of related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline OR advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 6 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management OR PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and up to 4 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
• 6+ years of experience in a quantitative, credit-focused role within a large financial institution
• Experience creating and implementing reporting frameworks and plans, providing guidance and direction through execution
• Experience succinctly communicating complex information in an understanding and meaningful way to senior leadership
• Strong technical skill set to include SAS, Tableau and other data analysis and statistical tools and methods
• Ability to travel 25%
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day to apply to the opening is 1/15/20 by 11:59 pm CST time .
Find your purpose. Join our mission.
USAA has grown to serve almost 12 million members. USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 32,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer - applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law