Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: CoreCivic
Occupational Category: 49-9071.00,Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
At CoreCivic, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a
• Maintenance Worker (SCA), Community Corrections
• who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting.
• Who We Are:
• CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services and residential and non-residential transition centers.
We provide effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success.
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50 community residential and non- residential centers.
Our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
• What We Have:
• + More than just a job but the start of a successful career! + Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
• Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
• PTO & paid holidays.
• Paid job training & other great incentives.
• What You Get To Do:
• Change the lives of those in your care! The
• Maintenance Worker (SCA), Community
• installs, maintains and repairs the facility's building structures and systems, including plumbing, electrical wiring and fixtures, machinery, equipment, electronics, vehicles and grounds.
• Maintain and repair physical structure of facility in keeping with safe and secure operations of the facility.
• Inspect and listen to machines and equipment to diagnose malfunctions.Dismantle defective or malfunctioning machines and equipment, installs new or repaired parts, and tests operation following repair.
• Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment according to the preventative maintenance plan or as directed by supervisor.Clean and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other machinery.
• Provide for the proper supervision and tracking of residents assigned to the Maintenance Department.
• + High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
• Six months of related experience and/or training in general maintenance or construction is required.
• Skills in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning, and/or mechanics preferred.
• HVAC certification is preferred.
• A valid driver's license is required.
• Minimum age requirement:
Must be at least 18 years of age.
_CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE- M/F/Vets/Disabled._
backfill, building maintenance, irrigation, maintenence, mower, park, podadore, resurface, tree, tree pruner