Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: USAA
Occupational Category: 13-2041.00,Credit Analysts
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Purpose of Job Community: Risk Management
Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products and processes.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
• Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall management of risks and controls.
• Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of leadership.
• Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership and influences decision making.
• Develops process and procedures for successful implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
• Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
• Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
• Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
• Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on projects and special management requests that often impact the enterprise or core operating area.
• Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise.
• Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
• Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and board members.
• Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• 8 or more years of risk management or 8 years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area
Or advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and 6 or more years relevant risk management work experience.
Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and up to 4 years relevant risk management work experience.
• Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
• Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
• Regulatory Examination/Audit support experience
• Experience reviewing and analyzing Audit and Regulatory requests/responses for adequacy
• Experience monitoring and reporting on regulatory deliverables.
• Previous experience assisting with OCC MRA/Consent Order remediation, oversight and status updates
• Previous quality control/assurance experience related to OCC MRA/Consent Order work to include evaluating for accuracy, compliance and consistency
• Experience assisting in the validation of action plans related to Risk Governance Framework
• Experience developing clear and concise written analysis and communicating conclusions/findings to senior management and Board committees
• Demonstrated ability to manage several work streams simultaneously with competing deadlines
• Experience working closely with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders to identify and solve complex problems and coordinate assignments
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Associated topics: analyse, business analytic, business intelligence, consult, financial reporting analyst, investment analyst, legal, market, strategy, valuation analyst