Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: USAA
Occupational Category: 13-2099.02,Risk Management Specialists
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Risk Analyst – Senior Level (Financial Advice and Solutions Group) for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL or Remote facility.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
This position serves as a key contributor and facilitates/mentors the team for effective challenge and business risk insights to FASG life insurance and investments business teams to assess, quantify, report, aggregate and mitigate Non-Financial exposures through the identification of operational, legal and regulatory, strategic and reputation principal risks for FASG key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with FASG risk strategy and appetite. Monitors and provides risk oversight of FASG risk and control environment for operational, legal and regulatory and strategic principal risks to include effective challenge for FASG non-financial risk mitigation plans and issue management. Significant additional team responsibilities with Enterprise Risk Management Be a Compliant Company (BCC) heightened standards.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA’s noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
• Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third-party operations using advanced knowledge.
• Presents findings to various levels of leadership.
• Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
• Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
• Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
• Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
• Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
• Effectively contributes to projects that impact the organization.
• Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the enterprise or a core operating area.
• Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field requiredOR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of 6+ years risk management experience or 6 years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area;
• advanced degree/designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and up to 4 years relevant risk management work experience;
• PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2+ years of relevant risk management work experience
• Experience working at a big four accounting firm to include KPMG, PwC, Deloitte and Ernst & Young
• Associate in Risk Management (ARM or ARM-E), Professional Risk Manager (PRM), Financial Risk Manager (FRM) and/or International Certificate in Banking Risk and Regulation (ICBRR) preferred.
• Six Sigma designation
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Actuarial designation (FSA, ASA, FCAS, ACAS, CERA)
• Risk management experience in a complex institution and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance or financial services
• Experience managing complex processes to include process engineering or project management experience
• Industry-related analytical experience in actuarial, pricing, underwriting, corporate finance or product management
• Proficient analytical skills, to include Tableau work experience
• Aptitude for quantitative and scenario analysis
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Strong Financial Services (Insurance) business skills
• Strong communication, leadership and collaboration skills
• Independent thinker/doer
• Takes the initiative to get things done
• Strong work ethic; learning agility
• Organized and can bring order to chaos and is comfortable working ambiguous assignments
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Find your purpose. Join our mission.
USAA has grown to serve almost 12 million members. USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 32,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer - applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law