Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: Harland Clarke
Occupational Category: 13-2051.00,Financial Analysts
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Your Career with a company dedicated to growth as you ensure the financial stewardship of the enterprise. Empowered by leadership, our team of Finance professionals work in an environment where you will drive enhancements and efficiencies, mastering accounting software including, SAP, Oracle, Essbase and Blackline.
LIVE Your Passion cultivating new skills in an organization that prioritizes your learning through leadership support. Our teams focus on mutual accountability and are dedicated to helping on another and sharing a knowledge base derived from years of experience.
CREATE Our Future of innovation by building positive relationships with clients across the organization, aligning people, process and technology to optimize our financial success.
We are the pulse of the organization - we are Harland Clarke Finance professionals.
Harland Clarke is a leading provider of customer engagement solutions that help connect businesses and people how, when, and where it matters The company offers payment tools such as checks and cards; lifecycle marketing solutions; and promotional products for businesses. The company deploys these customer engagement solutions holistically, across print, phone, and digital channels, ensuring that the customers of its world-class client base enjoy a consistently superior experience. Harland Clarke serves more than 43 million consumers and 6 million small and medium sized businesses per year, through deep relationships with 11,000+ clients and distribution partners. Harland Clarke is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. Harland Clarke has been recognized as a 2018 top workplace in San Antonio, TX. For more information, visit www.harlandclarke.com or follow Harland Clarke on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/harland-clarke/ and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/harlandclarke @HarlandClarke.
· Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
· Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
· Explore new education opportunities with our tuition reimbursement plans.
· We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
The Sr Financial Analyst is a key support member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team. The position assists in providing the reporting to facilitate in-depth financial analysis of Harland Clarke marketing solutions product and service offerings. The position will be a key team member in assisting in the development and deployment of new internal reporting tools and systems. The position will assist in the preparation of revenue budgets and forecasts.
• Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the revenue information in the reporting databases including a reconciliation to the General Ledger. 25%
• Assist in the preparation of the annual revenue budgets and periodic forecasts for revenue and expenses. 10%
• Assist in analysis and reporting of actual revenue and expense performance versus budget forecast and prior year. This process includes understanding the impact of any price concessions, volume changes, cost reduction initiatives, or product mix changes. Once the impact of the changes are identified, assist with the communication of findings to Senior Leadership and Financial Planning and Analysis Leadership. 30%
• Proactively assist Leadership in identifying potential revenue opportunities and cost saving opportunities; and assist in preparation of financial models for those initiatives. 15%
• Assist in the design and development of an expanded Internet based reporting solutions including development of training to facilitate a self-service reporting option for Executive Leadership. 10%
• Participate in Goal Deployment and Business Excellence initiatives. 5%
• Perform all other tasks required to support Leadership and Financial Planning and Analysis team. 5%
• Undergraduate business or accounting degree with a CPA or MBA preferred; or equivalent business experience.
• MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
• BCS or equivalent experience is required.
• 3-7 years of broad business experience with at least 4 years in a prior finance, accounting, selling, or information analysis role.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURES
• This position requires a detail oriented skill set with the ability to understand the financial impact and consequences of business decisions.
• Exceptional verbal written and presentation skills, conflict resolution, and employee relations skills.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
Regular written and verbal communication skills for communication with Executive Leadership and Finance Employees.
Decisions will be made to implement policies and procedures with direction from the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
All team members are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc. All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed. All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Harland Clarke is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, [[recruiterName]] at [[recruiterPhone]] .
EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf