Location: El Paso TX
Company Name: Harland Clarke
Occupational Category: 15-1143.00,Computer Network Architects
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Your Career in a rapidly expanding field, with the flexibility to work within the realms of information security, compliance, physical security and business resiliency. Empowered by leadership, our team of security professionals continuously learns through on-the-job and external training, by attending conferences with industry leaders and by earning company-paid certifications.
LIVE Your Passion through the utilization of evolving technology and tools to combat ever-changing threats while testing new ideas to solve problems. Embrace the esprit de corps of a team dedicated to its members and mission success.
CREATE Our Future by providing industry-leading security insights as a fundamental part of the business enterprise. We pride ourselves in fostering talent development, empowering team members and ensuring that our highly capable security teams drive business success.
We are the protection against threats, safeguarding our team members and businesses - we are Harland Clarke Security professionals.
Harland Clarke is a leading provider of customer engagement solutions that help connect businesses and people how, when, and where it matters. The company offers payment tools such as checks and cards; lifecycle marketing solutions; and promotional products for businesses. The company deploys these customer engagement solutions holistically, across print, phone, and digital channels, ensuring that the customers of its world-class client base enjoy a consistently superior experience. Harland Clarke serves more than 43 million consumers and 6 million small and medium sized businesses per year, through deep relationships with 11,000+ clients and distribution partners. Harland Clarke is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. Harland Clarke has been recognized as a 2018 top workplace in San Antonio, TX. For more information, visit www.harlandclarke.com or follow Harland Clarke on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/harland-clarke/ and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/harlandclarke @HarlandClarke.
· Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
· Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
· Explore new education opportunities with our tuition reimbursement plans.
· We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
The Sr Information Security Architect reports to the Manager Security Architecture. The Sr Information Security Architect is responsible for development, deployment, and the embedding of information security architecture policy and standards as envisioned by the CISO and the Director Information Security. This position is also responsible for audit and oversight of security architects and along with providing technical advice and direction to security architects and security analysts when required. The Sr Information Security Architect works on complex IT architecture projects with full competency. Applies hardware engineering and software design theories and principles in researching, designing, developing and maintaining the security architectures of the company. Works with IT leadership and business leaders to provide integrated security planning and recommends innovative technologies that will support or enhance the current security posture. Recommends appropriate security standards required to support IT goals and strategy. May coordinate activities with the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
• The Sr Information Security Architect is responsible for creating and maintaining effective information security architecture for the corporation that maps to its business requirements. A security architecture consists of various components dealing with the IT infrastructure and processes. The components of the security architecture define a security model that ensures the protection of information assets at all times. 15%
• Direct and coordinate the definition, scope and procurement of technical security controls as required by the information security architecture. 15%
• Provide technical and administrative advice to the information security team and IT leadership to ensure that new initiatives conform to the corporation's current security expectations including architecture and standards. 15%
• As a member of the information security organization, this position will work to establish, maintain, and educate stakeholders on security policies and processes; and assist in the development of security standards, processes, and procedures based on current security policy. 15%
• Assist in the identification, reporting, and monitoring of security exposures and threats to the computing environment and its impact on the corporation. 10%
• Interface with business clients in response to information security requests and requirements 10%
• Thorough understanding of application security and architectures. Experienced in developing secure DevOps architecture strategies and automation. And assist Development team with analyzing applications architectures, threat modeling, and analyzing scan results to determine false positives. 10%
• Assist Infrastructure and Development in architecting secure cloud, container, and micro services architectures. 10%
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science Information Security or Information Assurance
• 5+ with a bachelor’s degree or 11+ years work experience in information security or related job skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and duties concurrently ability to prioritize
• CISSP is required
• CCSP is a plus
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURES
• CISM or CCSP certifications desirable
• GSEC, CCIE-Security, CEH or GSLC certifications desirable.
• Requires strong technical skills in networking, operating systems, cloud computing, and application development.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
• The Sr Information Security Architect must have better than normal communication skills - both written and verbal.
• A person in this position is responsible for promoting security awareness at many different levels to all areas of the business. This effort is achieves through interaction with employees and leaders at all levels.
• As this person is responsible for the development of written policy and standards and various reports, writing skills are essential to the Sr Information Security Analyst.
The Sr Information Security Architect must be able to properly assess the details associated with new directives and projects and make decisions that maintain the appropriate level of risk and not affect the security position of the corporation.
This is a security sensitive position. This role will have access to and/or manage data and information of a critical and sensitive nature to the Corporation and/or its Partners. The risk associated with the function of this position requires a more intensive background review.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
All team members are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to
continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams,
recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information,
etc. All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing
assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Harland Clarke is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, [[recruiterName]] at [[recruiterPhone