Location: Englewood CO
Company Name: Kroger
Occupational Category: 41-2021.00,Counter and Rental Clerks
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: PART_TIME
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promote trust and respect among associates.
• Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
• Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the departments and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
• Report pricing and scanning discrepancies to the appropriate manager.
• Process customer transactions quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
• Ensure customer returns and exchanges are handled to satisfy customers while in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Communicate new and on-going special programs and promotions with customers.
• Follow established policies and procedures (where applicable) for postage stamps, money orders, gift certificates, lottery, Western Union money transfers, etc.
• Handle funds, coupons, tenders, etc. according to company policy.
• Stock and inventory department merchandise.
• Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions to capture ordering system integrity (including Computer Assisted Ordering).
• Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
• Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
• Display a positive attitude.
• Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
• Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
• Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
• Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
• Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
• Collaborate with team members to encourage teamwork.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Ability to handle stressful situations
• Effective communication skills
• Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience
• Customer Service Experience
• Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO||Englewood|| 3495 S. University Blvd. ||80113 || King Soopers||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Front End ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None