Location: Fort Mill SC
Company Name: Honeywell
Occupational Category: 17-2112.01,Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
We lead with software and innovation.
Whether we’re turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating
quantum algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is home
to the world’s leading technological talent.
We want software engineers who not only have a solid
foundation in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but who
also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a better place for
everyone – today and tomorrow.
Discover insights that define awesome solutions for
Join a fast-paced, global, and multidisciplinary design team
that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions
for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell's Safety & Productivity
Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million
workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation
& logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a senior level UX Researcher ready to define the user experience for outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, and emerging technologies like AR and voice. You’ll confront new, interesting, business-critical challenges across many business domains and personas in productivity, efficiency, safety, and compliance. You will coach and mentor other researchers, and engage people from many other disciplines from entry level to director level to advocate for user needs tactically and strategically.Key Responsibilities
• Design and conduct generative and evaluative research activities including contextual inquiries, structured interviews, surveys, competitor benchmarks, card sorts, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, SUS assessments, and summative usability studies.
• Influence the design of products and product lines by synthesizing and communicating research findings through artifacts including personas, journey maps, outcome-based use cases, prototypes and models, information architecture frameworks, and usability test reports.
• Lead the scoping, planning, and tracking of assigned projects.
• Develop and implement comprehensive research strategies to collect data across the life cycle of multiple related products.
• Plan and facilitate design workshops and UX training sessions with cross-functional stakeholders and customers.
• Drive and maintain the quality of research and consistency of deliverables across the research group by defining standard templates and processes.
• Manage engagements with external research and design firms.
• Coach and mentor others.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate complex analysis and results from insight and synthesis in compelling manner to a lay audience.
• Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.
• Portfolio demonstrating innovative and complex research that influenced the design of released products. Online or hardcopy formats are acceptable.
Evaluative Research (10%)
Generative Research (25%)
Work with Design Team (35%)
Work with product teams (25%)
The above may include travel at about 20%
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future