Location: Fort Washington MD
Company Name: PAE
Occupational Category: 17-3013.00,Mechanical Drafters
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World Mechanical Drafter III
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
Mechanical Drafter III Prepare detailed working diagrams, drawings, and computer models of mechanical devices, parts, and assemblies, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
• Drawings/models include various views, sectional profiles, irregular or reverse curves, hidden lines, and small or intricate details. Work requires use of most of the conventional drafting and Computer Aided Design (CAD) techniques and a working knowledge of the terms and procedures of the occupation.
• The ability to perform arithmetic computations using formulas.
• Prepares complete sets of complex drawings or computer models that include multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings.
• Drawings or models include complex design features that require considerable drafting skill to visualize and portray.
• Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical formulas to draw contours or to compute weights, center of gravity, load capacities, dimensions, quantities of material, etc.
• Works from sketches, computer models, and verbal information supplied by an engineer or designer to determine the most appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete assignments.
• Selects required information from computer programs, and internet sites, precedents, manufacturers' catalogs, and technical guides.
• Independently resolves most of the problems encountered.
• Supervisor or design originator may suggest methods of approach or provide advice on unusually difficult problems.
• In lieu of post-high school education/training, a total of 8 years experience in performing the stated functions.
• Minimum 6 years performing the stated functions
• Must possess a valid drivers license
• All candidates will be required to pass Drug Screenings
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
• High school diploma or equivalent plus successful completion of trade or technical school, or undergraduate or military school course in drafting, mechanical drawing, or engineering drawing.
• Ability to obtain and maintain US DoD Secret Security clearance, throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
• Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
• Tuition and training assistance program
• Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
• Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym Memberships
• Work Conditions:
Conditions will vary. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. This classifications activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veterans status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: cae, chassis, design, mechanical, mechanic, motor, powertrain, rotordynamic, thermal, turbine