Location: Fort Wayne IN
Company Name: Lutheran Medical Group
Occupational Category: 43-3011.00,Bill and Account Collectors
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Patient collectors will seek to obtain payment specifically on patient balances. As with all Lutheran Health Physicians positions, to always promote, through actions and attitudes, the highest level of customer care and service.
These are duties that are considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work that may be assigned by the manager or that may be inherent in the position. Each essential function shall be completed in a timely and efficient manner according to department policies and procedures.
• Review all claims that fall into the collection work list within two business days.
• Contact any patient to confirm that the balance is correct and responsibility to collect that balance or set up a payment plan.
• Maintains appropriate documentation and files regarding all patient account interactions, assuring timely documentation is noted in billing systems:
• Representative/patient name talked to
• Date and time of conversation
• Telephone number of insurance company or patient
• Detail of insurance benefits or pertinent documentation
• Follow-up dates and detail if applicable
• Continually strives to suggest an implement ways to improve personal, departmental, and institutional performance significantly related to meeting and exceeding customer satisfaction.
• Addresses facility and departmental communication through daily review of all correspondence, including incoming email messages.
• Participates in Clinical Quality measures established by facility, including all documentation requirements within Ambulatory Medical Record. Utilizes AMR system effectively and in manner consistent with facility guidelines when providing patient care.