Location: Fort Wayne IN
Company Name: Ruoff Home Mortgage
Occupational Category: 13-2021.02,Appraisers, Real Estate
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Jr. Appraisal Underwriter
Ruoff Home Mortgage
Fort Wayne, IN
Are you in search of a fast-paced, rewarding career? At Ruoff Mortgage, we truly believe that where you work and loving your job matters, so you will receive all the vital resources necessary for your career to take off! When it comes to technology, Ruoff is unmatched in the industry. Our team is focused on helping our clients achieve their home borrowing goals while providing our employees with a rewarding, professional experience.
Why is Ruoff Mortgage the right career choice?
• Comprehensive benefits
• Friendly, team-oriented work environment
• Ranked #79 in the Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America
• A seven year streak! Ranked among INC Magazines INC 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies seven years in a row!
• Main sponsor of the 2017 Indy 500 winning car!
Are you the one we are looking for? Locally owned and operated Ruoff Mortgage is seeking an Jr. Appraisal Underwriter for our growing team!
This is a full time position with full benefits located at our Corporate Headquarters just off I-69 and Illinois Road.
Responsible for the review of conventional and government mortgage loan applications ensuring quality and compliance with company, investor & appraisal guidelines and meeting closing schedules.
• Completes a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor, and conventional guidelines.
• Evaluate the appraisal submission and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensure an investment quality loan product.
• Check accuracy of calculations.
• Recommend the loan disposition for loan amounts in excess of authority limitations to underwriting manager.
• Communicate decision on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
• Be available to processors and correspondents for general guideline interpretations and questions on specific loan files.
• Respond to post-closing reviews and audits in a timely fashion.
• Maintains a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for a high level of confidentiality and security while handling company information; verbal and/or written documentation.
• Performs other tasks as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to read, write, and communicate at a level consistent with the requirements of this position, including legal documents and to non-technical staff.
• Ability to clearly organize information, understand relevant laws, identify and fix any financial discrepancies that may arise, and perform mathematical equations accurately.
• Ability to learn and support new systems and applications, and use critical thinking to make good decisions and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously; holds self to a high level of quality.
• Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic to obtain personal and company goals.
• Ability to stay organized to easily retrieve information and documents as needed.
Experience and Training
• Bachelors degree in related field, preferred. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Minimum of three years mortgage loan underwriting experience, required.
• Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must maintain industry standard training according to company policies.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Mostly sedentary, however, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop; talk and hear.
• Extensive reading and computer use is expected more than 50% of the time. Receiving and expressing detailed information verbally, in person and by telephone is essential. Must be able to verbally communicate effectively with others.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
• Regular attendance is necessary and essential to this position.
• Professional atmosphere in a branch environment
• Routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinet and fax machine.
We are committed to consistently providing a best-in-class residential mortgage experience for our customers and an enriching and fulfilling culture for our employees through transparency, respect, and the highest ethical standards.
Listen and Respect
Ownership and Accountability
Seek Growth and Knowledge
Nurture the Development of Others
Speed, Accuracy, and Teamwork
Work Life Balance
President and CEO Mark K. Music, came to the company with a vision that shunned convention and pursued a fresh new approach to mortgage banking. In 2007, he set out to make Ruoff the #1 choice of the top talent working in the industry as well as the top choice of consumers needing assistance in achieving their home ownership goals. This philosophy saw Ruoff grow from 18 employees at Music's arrival to over 600 team members. The company also went from one location in Fort Wayne (still our headquarters today) to forty-five lending centers-and growing! Annual loan volume has grown more than 600% during the same period.
Under Mark's leadership, Ruoff has streamlined operations with the implementation of cutting-edge software and processes. All of this ensures the company's ability to impress its client base with superior, on-time service. Through his direction and leadership, the Ruoff financial services team has established an outstanding reputation throughout the State of Indiana.
Ruoff Home Mortgage is an approved seller/servicer for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, as well as an approved issuer for Ginnie Mae enabling us to offer a variety of mortgage products. In addition, Ruoff Home Mortgage is an active member in the Indiana Mortgage Bankers Association as well as the National Mortgage Bankers Association. We are proud of our employees who take an active role in their communities through housing development and Habitat for Humanity, just to name a few.
We are licensed in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Florida. Because we understand that every borrower is different, we offer a variety of products to meet your individual needs such as Conventional and Government (FHA/VA/USDA) Mortgages as well as One-time Close New Construction Mortgages, FHA 203(k) Mortgages, and many others. Ruoff Home Mortgage is approved to offer first-time homebuyer programs with both Indiana and Michigan Housing and Community Developments