Location: Fort Wayne IN
Company Name: Franklin Electric
Occupational Category: 17-2141.00,Mechanical Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Our Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and technical support of wastewater/graywater pump products (sump, sewage, effluent, mag-drive, HVAC condensate, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead multidisciplinary project teams to develop and launch innovative new products.
• Develops unique product design and engineering test implementations.
• Lead implementation product design reviews, DFMEA, and validation planning and execution
• Initiates/manages value improvement projects for existing products.
• Provides engineering support for existing projects and product improvement projects.
• Provides qualifications for new/alternate vendors, components, and tooling.
• Validates foreign-sourced competitive products.
• Defines critical-to-quality dimensions and features of components and products.
• Reviews technical literature and marketing collateral to provide engineering support.
• Evaluates products that are returned for warranty issues and customer complaints
Skills and Abilities
• New product development experience from concept to production.
• Experience in plastic injection-molding part design.
• Working knowledge of cast component design (investment casting, sand casting, etc).
• GD&T, engineering analysis and simulation, warranty analysis
• High level of analytical ability for difficult / complex technical problems
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
• Manages large and complex development projects. Demonstrates a track record of successful projects.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Understands complex analytical tools such as finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics analysis, parametric modeling, electric motor design and analysis, and complex mathematical analysis programs.
• Travels a minimal amount. (10%)
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field (required).
• Master's degree or higher in a relevant field could substitute for years of experience (preferred).
• Five or more years of related experience (required).
• Advanced: Pro-E (CREO) CAD software, Ansys AIM experience a plus
• Basic: Microsoft Office