Location: Fort Worth TX
Company Name: Lockheed Martin
Occupational Category: 43-4181.00,Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
Date Posted: 2020-02-21
Valid Through: 2020-03-22
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Description: Become part of our team as the in-country KF-X Air Vehicle Technical Advisor (TA).This program provides technical assistance to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) to develop an advanced, multi-role fighter for the Republic of Korea Air Force.This position will be located in Sacheon, South Korea and the selected candidate will deploy from their current location in the first quarter of 2020.Note: Relocation to Fort Worth, Texas is not required.
The Air Vehicle TA shall provide air vehicle technical assistance to KAI engineering leadership and lead the Lockheed Martin (LM) Air Vehicle TA team to support KF-X Engineering Manufacturing and Development (EMD) program milestones.Responsible for post-Critical Design Review (CDR) engineering activities to help enable aircraft power-on, rollout and first flight followed by support of the flight test program.
The Air Vehicle TA roles and responsibilities include the following:
Single point lead for coordinating air vehicle topics (status, plans, issues, recommendations):
• Support KAI and LM chief engineers with engineering status, issue identification, and issue closure plan recommendations.Provide and promote horizontal integration within the KAI and LM teams.Provide technical flowdown and direction to TA team.Coordinate tasking and workload distribution of the TA team
• Assist KAI with planning and scheduling of air vehicle development activities to ensure successful design, build, system test, ground test, flight test, and generation of data for EMD program closure.
• Assist TAs with technical issue identification, escalation and resolution
• Advise and mentor the TA team on technical and product life-cycle matters
• Assist Chief Engineer TA with staffing needs, short-term and long-term
• Prepare material for the Chief Engineer TA to use in technical meetings such as the KAI-LM Director Meetings
In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount.The candidate should also have a background that demonstrates effective cross-functional team building and coordination skills.The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert and train and mentor customer engineers.Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment.
Must be a US Citizen.This position is located at a facility that requires special access.Candidate must be able to obtain a South Korean visa and relocate to South Korea.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical discpline from an accredited college.
• 10+ years of experience in aircraft system integration
• Background in flight control system development, integration, design verification, qualification testing, and production.
• Experience overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously to identify and resolve task conflicts and issues; experience interfacing with customers and subcontractors; proposal technical leadership experience.
• Exceptional skills to mentor and train other engineers
• Experience working on diverse engineering teams
• Experience with military or government programs
The Air Vehicle TA task requires experience with new development tactical fighter aircraft from Critical Design Review (CDR) thru completion of flight test.
Specific experience should include:
• Air vehicle integration including structure, propulsion, avionics, subsystems, routing (electrical, fuel, hydraulic, bleed air, etc.)
• Component and system qualification to meet airworthiness and program requirements
• Technical team leadership at senior level
• Experience in working an international tactical aircraft development program
• Demonstrated communication and mentoring skills on a program involving international partners and customers.
• Experience with export and compliance requirements
• *Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.Our customers tackle the hardest missions.Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision.They’re dangerous.Critical.Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives.Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges.Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.