Location: Fort Worth TX
Company Name: Spine Team Texas
Occupational Category: 29-2034.00,Radiologic Technologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
ASC Alliance - Fort Worth,
• The ASC Radiology Technologist is responsible for performing fluoroscopy with the physicians during procedures.
• This position is responsible for assisting physicians with any applicable radiographic services.
• Must maintain active communication regarding patient status/progress with health team members, and health care providers as appropriate.
• This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Spine Team Texas.
• The ASC Radiology Technologist reports directly to the ASC Nurse Manager.
Spine Team Texas Attributes
In order for Spine Team Texas to meet the goals expressed through the company mission statement, it is imperative that all employees possess the following attributes:
• Knowledge – The blending of job related education, skills and experience.
• Quantity – Level of satisfactory output generated in position per unit time.
• Accuracy – Absence of errors.
• Judgment – Capacity to make reasonable decisions.
• Innovation – Imagination and creativity used to better position.
• Appearance & Habits – Personal habits, grooming, uniform / clothing.
• Orderliness – Organization of the individual’s work and work area.
• Courtesy – Respect for feelings of others. Politeness on the job.
• Cooperation – Willingness to help others accomplish their objectives.
• Initiative – Voluntarily starting projects. Attempting non-routine jobs and tasks.
• Reliability – Dependability and trustworthiness.
• Perseverance – Steadfast pursuit of job objectives when faced with unexpected obstacles.
• Stability – Even temperament. Acceptance of unavoidable tension and pressure.
• Alertness – Ability to quickly understand new information and situations.
• Professionalism – Professional actions, communications and attitude.
• Team work – Ability to work in a team for the betterment of staff, patients, and the Company.
• Observance – Observance of Company policies and procedures.
• Attendance – Consistent adherence to work schedule.
• While maintaining and following all professional standards, it is the Radiology Technologist’s responsibility to maintain safe radiology practices.
• This position will be responsible for performing and maintaining all x-rays using the PAC system.
• This position will work closely with staff, patients and physicians to ensure the highest quality of care for all ASC patients.
• This position will assess for pertinent clinical indication related to requested imaging procedure.
• Assess patient’s ability and potential intolerance to undergo the procedure scheduled.
• Collect all information relevant to the procedure.
• Instruct and prepare the patient for radio graphic or fluoroscopic examinations: providing clear and complete instructions before, during and after the procedure is complete.
• Select equipment and supplies appropriate to the procedure, determine most suitable anatomical position and shields patients according to radiation safety procedures.
• Safely operates equipment, fixed or mobile, to make radiographs of designated portions of the body; selects proper film, positions equipment at correct exposure procedures from varied angles as prescribed by physician.
• Documents time, date, technique used and other pertinent information on the requisition.
• Practices aseptic techniques in required situations.
• Inspects sterile items for contamination before opening.
• Selects equipment and supplies based on the patients needs.
• Assures equipment is functioning properly before use. Operates all equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions.
• Wears leaded apron, gloves and or thyroid shield as required; wears radiation monitoring film badge per policy.
• Assures that proper calumniation is used for all procedures.
• Responds to safety factors for age level involved.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be required by the ASC Nurse Manager.
• Customer Service
All ASC employees are required to maintain the highest level of customer service at all times. Employees must always speak in a kind, courteous and professional manner when dealing with a patient/customer or co-worker. Employees are required to fulfill the Spine Team Texas mission of “Offering an Unparalleled Patient Experience!” All employees must exhibit a spirit of cooperation and positive attitude. Professionalism is to be maintained at all times.
Spine Team Texas was founded on a team concept approach. To build and enhance the team, each employee must contribute positive interaction, promote value and be a “team-player” not only for their unit or department, but for Spine Team Texas as a whole.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Position may require lifting of patients when necessary while performing daily job functions. Standing for an extended amount of time while assisting patients with therapy, is required for this position. The candidate must be able to work under pressure. Tasks may involve exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials.
Educational Requirements & Position Qualifications:
• Licensed Radiology Technologist in the State of Texas.
• Must possess and maintain CPR certification.
• Responsible for maintaining continuing education and appropriate documentation.
• Must possess experience with Fluoroscopy (9900 C arm) and x-ray equipment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to effectively present information to senior management.
• Excellent organizational ability.
• Possess the ability to plan and execute work projects.
• Possess the ability to work productively, either independently or with other individuals.
• Proficient in communicating in the English language both written and verbally