Location: Fort Worth TX
Company Name: Textron
Occupational Category: 17-2141.00,Mechanical Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-21
Valid Through: 2020-03-22
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Avionics Design Engineer
We are pioneers.We were the first to break the sound barrier and todesign the first functional jetpack.We were aboard NASA’s first lunarmission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market.Today, we aredefining the future of on-demand mobility.At Bell, we areproud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating noveland coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell is seeking a self-motivated Avionics Design Engineer to joinBell’s Advanced Vertical Lift Systems team.The individual will supportthe development of new military products and platforms.This positionwill be part of a diverse team of engineers capable of executing in afast-paced environment.
• Developing avionics system requirements, architecture andinterfaces.
• Coordinating with avionics system suppliers in the development,integration and testing of displays, flight instruments, communication andnavigation systems, sensor and sighting systems, and vehicle managementsystems.
• System and software integration, requirements management, systemsspecifications, interface management, system safety assessment, validation andverification testing in systems integration labs, aircraft flight test, andaircraft/system qualification and certification.
• Creation of system architecture and system schematics.
• Creation of system performance specifications, interface controldocuments, and test plans/procedures
• Development of test requirements to drive systems integration laband flight test aircraft instrumentation design
• Perform hardware and software integration testing of multiplesystems operating together in a systems integration lab
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred; Bachelor'sdegree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline required
• Experience at all levels will be considered with a minimum of 2years relevant experience.
• Support all phases of development from initial proposaldevelopment through successful design, qualification, integration testing,flight test, and production.
• Specific experience with some or all of the following:
• PFD, MFD, EICAS, Cockpitcontrols, Digital Map
• EGI, GPS, IFF, ADS-B,TCAS, ILS, TACAN, Radar Altimeter, Air Data
• Communications Systems: VHF/UHF, SATCOM, Datalinks, ICS
• Preferred experience in military platform avionics integration.
• Experience with qualification to standards such as RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD- 810, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-461,MIL-STD-464, RTCA DO-178, and RTCA DO-254,
• Understanding of current system engineering and configurationmanagement processes.Experience with Model Based SystemsEngineering preferred.
• Familiarity with open systems architecture and protocols (JCA,FACE, HOST, MOSA) is preferred.
• Familiarity with System Safety Assessments and Failure HazardAnalysis
• Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters,oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
• Demonstrated engineering intuition, critical thinking, comfortwith ambiguity
• Strong oral and written skills as this position involves workingwith a diverse team of experienced professionals; customers and suppliers
• Coordinate between engineering teams, suppliers and customers.
• Work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to definecross-functional interfaces and conduct air vehicle level trade studies asdesigns move from concept to production
• Collaborating with engineers from other disciplines to includeelectrical power, flight controls, propulsion, airframe structures, rotors,fuel, hydraulics and drive systems
• Analyze and resolve hardware/software integration issues as theyarise
• Experience with avionics electrical interfaces including analog,digital, discrete I/O
• Experience with data bus protocols such as ARINC 429,MIL-STD-1553, RS-232/422/485)
• Gigabit Ethernet experience preferred; TCP/IP, UDP protocols
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 276761