Location: Fort Worth TX
Company Name: SAFEbuilt
Occupational Category: 13-1041.01,Environmental Compliance Inspectors
Date Posted: 2020-02-21
Valid Through: 2020-03-22
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Combination Building Inspector
SAFEbuilt is currently seeking a talented, experienced Building Inspector to join their teams in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of assignments. You’ll be a member of our highly respected building department team with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged.
• Performs daily field inspections of residential, commercial and public facility construction projects.
• Interacts with the public and explains technical information to both technically and non-technically trained individuals.
• Reviews residential and commercial plans and engineering calculations for building components to insure compliance with applicable codes.
• Provides recommendations regarding interpretations of City, State, Federal, and Construction standards, as well as local ordinances.
• Maintains accurate records to document inspections, test results, and additional details pertaining to inspections.
• Maintains computer logs of inspection reports, entering inspection results into permitting software.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology
• 3+ yrs. experience with Interpretation of codes in the field providing code compliant solutions
• Must possess the ability to positively interact with the other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental entities, and other clientele
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good time management, organization, and attention to detail skills
• Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment
• Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced atmosphere
• Candidate must stay familiar and up to date with different editions of the International Building Codes.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• ICC Residential Building Inspector required
• ICC Residential Combination Inspector
• ICC Commercial Combination Inspector
• TSBPE Plumbing Inspector License
• ICC Inspector certifications in multiple trades preferred
• Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners (TSBPE) Plumbing Inspector License or the ability to obtain the TSBPE Plumbing Inspector License with in ninety (90) days if not an active resident of Texas.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record
COMPENSATION: Strong Salary and Benefits Offering
More About SAFEbuilt: The fastest growing provider of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 1500 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1400 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us directly on 970-292-2000