Location: Fort Worth TX
Company Name: CH2M
Occupational Category: 33-2011.01,Municipal Firefighters
Date Posted: 2020-04-03
Valid Through: 2020-04-23
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting to a Senior Level Engineer, or Section Manager, this role, as part of our Fire Protection Design Services, provides fire protection engineering consulting services to include: fire sprinkler, fire suppression, fire detection and alarm, and mass notification systems design for new and existing facilities including aircraft hangars, high-rise office buildings, dormitories, federal facilities, hospitals, laboratories, museums, and warehouses; as well as consulting for life safety, building, and fire code compliance.
• Work with an in-house staff of architects and engineers to coordinate fire protection systems in an integrated BIM working environment while considering client concerns for project costs and construction schedules.
• Planning and design details including: engineering concepts, distribution plans, riser diagrams, detail drawings, schedules, specifications, design analysis, and engineering reports.
• Occasional on-site project observations and reviews; duties required to fulfill contractual obligations for construction phase services; overseeing other personnel assigned to this responsibility.
• BS degree in Fire Protection Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering and Safety Technology, or related Engineering curriculum is required
• Ability to travel required
• Minimum of at least one summer internship experience performing technical fire protection design utilizing NFPA Codes is preferred
• Experience in fire alarm and fire sprinkler system layout utilizing hydraulic calculation programs preferred
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, BIM, and/or Revit required
• EIT registration or minimum NICET Level III or higher certification is strongly preferredAt Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Fort Worth
Job Posting: Aug 8, 2019, 9:21:23 AM