Location: Fort Worth TX
Company Name: Christian Brothers Automotive
Occupational Category: 49-3023.00,Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job Title: General Service Technician
Location: 7780 Rufe Snow Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76148
Are you looking for an automotive repair facility that offers:
• EVERY WEEKEND OFF to spend with your family!
• Health Insurance
• Consistent workload
• Great Support
• Great Environment
• Free training
• Tech Support for Diagnostics and Programming
• Large variety of vehicles
• Use of the latest factory scan tools
• Access to our private Technical Assistance Center.....and much more!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As a General Service Technician at Christian Brothers Automotive, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• All Maintenance work such as oil changes, tire rotations, suspension alignments, etc.
• Follow all rules and regulations as spoken or written in any form by the management, i.e. employee’s handbook and any addendum issued or posted at any time.
• Maintain a good and positive attitude and the team concept at all time.
• To act in a professional manner suitable as to represent a quality organization with which you are employed, always and in every instance projecting an attitude of honesty, integrity, and respectfulness.
• Each employee must adhere to all OSHA safety rules and regulations as well as all city, county and state regulations regarding shop safety, fuel spill clean up or other flammable or hazardous material.
• Assist in all housekeeping functions as directed by management.
• Examine vehicle and discuss with service writer/service manager the nature and extent of any damage or malfunction. Provide recommendations for repair, parts list needed to perform recommended repairs and hours required to perform the repairs using industry standard labor guides. Provide list of all items needing attention, whether maintenance, safety or other.
• Perform a thorough Courtesy Inspection on all vehicles when approved by the customer.
• Insure all under-car, under-hood and preventive maintenance inspections and reports are complete and accurate.
• Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack or lift, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle, using proper equipment and safety procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
• At least one year of General Service Technician experience
• Preferred formal automotive technical training
• G1 and other ASE's are a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any applicant in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Automotive Technician must:
• Occasionally lift and/or move over 50 pounds.
• Be able to work with tools on vehicles lifted above their head.
• Work in tight spaces as dictated by the vehicle's needed repair.
• Have the needed dexterity in order to efficiently use hand-tools
• Walk/stand for the majority of the workday.
• Drive manual transmission vehicles.
• Keeping a brisk work pace in a high-volume environment.
• Efficiently navigate a computer.
• Able to work 7:00am to 5:30pm.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Christian Brothers Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Christian Brothers Automotive locations practice "At-will" employment practices