Location: Fort Worth TX
Company Name: NCR
Occupational Category: 17-2141.00,Mechanical Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-21
Valid Through: 2020-03-22
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: Fort Worth, TX / Atlanta, GA
• Works on projects or new initiatives to propose and design, configure, implement and test strategic IT storage solutions to address complex technical and business requirements.
• Linux, Windows and VMware Subject Matter Expert
• Troubleshoots the entire system, primarily relying on proven techniques for IT analysis and evaluation
• Installs hardware and software packages into the production enterprise computing environment, builds, configures and tests production level systems and installs incremental changes, patches and upgrades to all enterprise systems
• Trains and assists internal support teams on new tools and procedures. Solicits and acts on feedback in a professional manner.
• Provide support for day-to-day operational tasks such as migration support, monitoring, maintenance, verifying backup and recoveries, and performance tuning
• Device management and upgrade support in conjunction with hardware personnel as required.
• Automates routine maintenance tasks as appropriate and ensures proper backups procedures are in place and in use.
• Participate in a 24x7 weekly rotation to provide systems support
• Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
• Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage, networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration
• Assist with monthly capacity reports, and recommendations
• Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows and Linux problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
• Support, configure and troubleshoot all storage and compute systems including virtualized and cloud-based systems
• BS in computer science, math or related field
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in Systems Administration/Engineering with at least 5 years in a production support role.
• VCP (VMWare certified professional) desired
• Linux / VMware / Windows Operating experience required.
• The successful candidate should have all applicable operating system certifications for server and storage hardware that is part of the current operational baseline.
• Advanced experience in complex IT operational environments in various aspects of design, engineering, analysis, testing and ongoing support for their technical area
• Advanced knowledge of current trends and techniques for their technical track, including; Relevant platforms and the IT storage systems they are part of; Installation and configuration techniques; Standard protocols; Design implications; Troubleshooting techniques and diagnostic tools; Performance optimization techniques
• Stays informed about industry directions and standards and how to integrate these into their environment
• Large enterprise-level experience in storage technologies supporting multiple Operating Systems and environments
• Proven ability to document work and work in process driven development environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Systems performance tuning, capacity management and replication
• Excellent scripting (proficient in at least one of the following bash / perl / python) and documentation
Integrated into our shared values is NCRs commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Associated topics: equipment, http, information architect, infrastructure, infrastructure architect, ip, maintain, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, system integrator