Location: Franklin TN
Company Name: Mattel
Occupational Category: 13-1121.00,Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
Date Posted: 2020-02-19
Valid Through: 2020-03-20
Employment Type: PART_TIME
The American Girl Nashville retail store and bistro in Franklin, TN is looking for a dynamic individual as a Part-Time Party Planner (30 hr., benefits-eligible position) to deliver all aspects of a premier party experience in conjunction with our Bistro. This position will be working one-on-one with party guests to create a magical event through superior communication and organization according to AG specifications. If you have experience in customer relations, event planning and execution, or parties, and have the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in high-pressure, fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude, we want to hear from you.
• Achieves and delivers timely steps of party execution, and positive indicators on Customer Comment Cards. This includes communications with the customer prior to the event; creating and maintaining a pleasant ambiance in the dining room and party rooms; working with the party team to greet and seat guests in a timely manner, share store and event information with guests, take and deliver beverage and food orders, upsell, service the party throughout the event; prepare desserts and to-go transactions, deliver and process checks, bus and reset tables, daily clean up, and restocking of supplies.
• Meets sales goals and budgetary guidelines. Work with external vendors and place product orders in a timely manner.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by providing an exceptional party experience and oversee resolution of customer service issues and requests in a gracious manner.
• Executes events to AG standards, including games, crafts, hair styling and skin care of dolls.
• Maintain on-going party communications with staff, management, and the Retail Sales and Services department.
• Has knowledge and understanding of local and state health sanitation laws and follows food and workplace safety guidelines.
• Assigns and complete daily tasks and side work assignments for FOH and BOH areas in a consistent and timely manner.
• Has thorough knowledge of the InfoGenesis system and ensures transactions are completed according to company policy.
• Takes the initiative to train, teach and assist teammates, including providing assistance to various areas of the restaurant, when needed.
• High school degree or equivalent, and undergraduate education, preferred.
• Minimum of 6 months’ work experience in customer relations, parties or events.
• One to two years’ experience in a high-volume, fine-casual dining or related restaurant, preferred.
• Experience working with children, preferred.
• Current ServeSafe certification, preferred.
• Good verbal and communication skills are required.
• Must enjoy public speaking, children, and possess a warm and friendly demeanor.
• May be required to perform diverse physical tasks, including some heavy lifting (approximately 30 – 50 pounds), transporting full trays and bus tubs that weigh up to 30 pounds. Constant standing and walking and exposure to a loud working environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity