Location: Gahanna OH
Company Name: TRC
Occupational Category: 17-2141.00,Mechanical Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-14
Valid Through: 2020-03-15
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job Summary: : Exceptional opportunity to learn engineering field, design and construction techniques
Position requires self-motivated, detail-oriented individual for planning and conducting independent/team work within the electric utility industry. Apply problem solving skills to prepare drawings and compile work order documentation following client specifications, compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of engineering disciplines, including design and constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved
• Manage individual projects, address issues, maintain schedules, and create project reports
• Develop a thorough knowledge of pole structure data, attachments and assets to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local codes.
• Preparation and modification of electrical and roadway drawings, specifications, calculations and construction drawing packages
• Maintains production and quality of projects, including field data, photographs, engineering analysis and reports.
• Maintain effective communication on projects
• Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work: Electrical analysis software, Microsoft suite, Utility Company internal software etc.
• Develop a working knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC), electric utility construction standards, and telephone, cable and other communication facilities
• Forecasts client and internal deadlines
• Works on a broad range of projects and assignments critical to the company and customer's
• May serve as Lead designer on smaller, less complex projects
• Develop thorough knowledge of work standards to answer questions, modify, review and provide solutions
• Directs and/ or participate in jobsite visits to collect or deliver, design engineering data to clients
• Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate assigned engineering work and project
• Works in partnership with management and other support groups
• Performs related duties as directed
Entry Level Candidates considered (related experience preferred)
• Analytical competence to interact with variety of individuals including engineers and experienced distribution system designers.
• AutoCAD and/or GIS Skills desired (Not Required).
• Proficiency in reading and understanding technical drawings and specifications preferred.
• Possess a working knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in electric distribution design preferred.
• Experience in similar power systems audit, layout, technician, or design role preferred..
• Proficiency in MS Office programs preferred.
• Self-starter who can work with little or no supervision, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
• Some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.
Education, Licenses and Certifications:
• High School Diploma Required
• Associate's degree from an accredited two-year college or technical school in computer science, computer aided architectural drafting and design or related field preferred.
• Associate Degree in Engineering (Power Delivery preferred