Location: Gainesville FL
Company Name: Meridian Behavioral Healthcare
Occupational Category: 11-3121.00,Human Resources Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-08
Valid Through: 2020-03-09
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
This human resources generalist is responsible for professional work directly related to management or general business operations including but not limited to: personnel management, human resources, labor relations, and employee relations. Areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to partnering with VP-HR to handle employee relations matters, leave administrator, coordinator for unemployment hearings, and other highly responsible HR duties as assigned. This position requires the employee to exercise discretion and independent judgement in human resources related matters.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related discipline or at least 2 years of recent experience in a Human Resources
A current Florida Driver’s License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements strongly preferred.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver’s license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor’s note stating they have no driving limitations.
1. Partner with Vice President – Human Resources on employee relations matter. Addresses employee relations issues, performs inquiries/investigations, provide employee relations guidance to managerial staff, create corrective actions documents/letters and facilitate timely resolution of the issues.
2. Serves as employee Unemployment Insurance Coordinator for unemployment claims.
3. Approve and process FMLA requests (and non-FMLA medical leave requests), track return to work dates, coordinate with payroll for deductions while on leave, communicate with employee and supervisor regarding approval and return to work dates, and perform all other necessary human resources tasks with regard to FMLA and non-FMLA medical leaves of absence. Ensures leaves are documented and tracked in accordance with company policies and legal requirements.
4. Approve and process ADA accommodation requests, and ensure that reasonable accommodations for qualified employees with a disability are made, documented and communicated to qualified employee and their supervisor.
5. End user technology skills with HR software (HRIS System)
6. Manage and process I9 and E-Verify in accordance with federal guidelines
7. Coordinate campus visits dates with vendors such as Sam’s Club and LifeSouth Blood Drives.
8. Maintain a pay plan by conducting annual pay surveys, as well as ad hoc surveys throughout the year as requested by management, and making recommendations based on same.
9. Participate as member of Meridian’s Stakeholder’s committee.
10. Ensure that all Federal and State required employment posters are posted in all Meridian facilities through coordination with Facilities.
11. May assist in the development of personnel policies and procedures.
12. Serve as a backup support for other HR Generalists and HR Executive Assistant as needed.
13. Maintain a positive, proactive customer service approach through cooperation and communication within the HR department and all other internal and external costumers.
14. Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
15. Perform other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
16. Complete special projects as requested.
17. Regular attendance is a requirement for this position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Meridian Passion on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/197284641
Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. provides a comprehensive array of mental health and substance abuse services that are available to children, adults and the elderly. The following provides a summary listing of the types of services made available by Meridian:
Outpatient Services Rehabilitation Services
Residential Treatment Services
Substance Abuse Detoxification Services
Case Management Services
Crisis Stabilization Services
Medical Outpatient Services
Within these broad program categories the Center operates many specialized services and programs that are targeted toward all age and diagnostic groups. The goal of the company is to make available a full range of care, which will insure that all patients have access to the level of service most appropriate for their presenting problem. It is always the goal of treatment planning to make available services in the least restrictive setting possible.
Meridian is an EOE employer and drug free workplace
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors