Location: Gaston NC
Company Name: Service Corporation International
Occupational Category: 11-2022.00,Sales Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job“. This ranking was determined by our compensation, training, reputation, and consumer growth. We are growing our sales team by 30% this year to meet the increasing demand for our products and services. This opportunity represents unlimited potential for income, leads, and career advancement!
This is not just a job. It's a meaningful career in sales that makes a difference in the lives of people we serve while providing you an opportunity you will love.
We are looking for a strong, professional Sales Manager II for the Gastonia, NC Market.
The Sales Manager's responsibilities will include the following:
• Ability to motivate individuals with excellent communication skills, incredible relationship-building abilities, and a natural talent to lead
• Managing Sales Professionals including motivating Sales Teams to become highly productive in a professional environment
• The Sales Manager will coach and mentor the Sales Counselors to manage leads and train the team on customer service and satisfaction, prospecting, product knowledge, sales presentations, closing skills, product/service pricing, terms, paperwork, and interpreting sales guidelines
• Help prepare yearly sales quotas and ensure that quotas are achieved
• Recruit and hire Sales Counselors
• Provide Sales Counselors with proper training regarding sales techniques, legal requirements, and company products, policies, and procedures
• Review and evaluate the Sales Team's performance
• Handle personnel issues concerning the Sales Team
• Conduct and assist in the Weekly Sales Meeting
• Ensure all contracts and paperwork is completed and returned accurately and in a timely manner
• Work in the Field with the Sales Team
Requirements & Qualifications
• Sales experience is helpful but not mandatory
• High level of comfort using computer systems within a sales environment
• Previous experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems is a plus
• High level of integrity, dedication, and desire to succeed
• Desire to help others and earn a competitive income
• Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
• Creative, outgoing, and energetic
• Comfortable with in-home sales and conducting group presentations
• A good driving record and valid driver's license
• Solid work history
• Bilingual candidates are strongly preferred
This position may require the associate to obtain and maintain an insurance license in any state in which he/she conducts sales. To obtain the insurance license, the candidate must meet the requirements of Assurant's background check process which includes, but is not limited to, a criminal history and credit check.SCI Overview
Who we are. What we do.
We're more than North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.Benefits Options:
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
• 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
• Vacation and sick time
• Tuition reimbursement
• Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI“ refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V