Location: Glen Burnie MD
Company Name: University of Maryland Medical System
Occupational Category: 33-9032.00,Security Guards
Date Posted: 2020-02-19
Valid Through: 2020-03-20
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
What You Will Do:
The University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center (UM BWMC) provides the highest quality health care services to the communities we serve. Our medical center is home to leading-edge technology, nationally recognized quality, personalized service and outstanding people. We have 272 beds, 2,200 employees and 700 physicians. Our patients and family members have access to the advanced resources of an academic medical center (UMMS) where education, innovation and research discoveries are aimed at improving the health care of our community members. Join our physicians and nursing staff specializing in emergency, acute, medical-surgical and critical care.
Be Part of Something Greater!
To provide a secure environment for the patient care function of the hospital to operate in. To provide for the protection of patients, visitors, staff, property, building, and grounds.
What You Need to Be Successful:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Must not have a previous conviction record.
• Experience in security, police, fire department, corrections, and other public contact work is desirable.
• Must successfully complete hospital-based aggression management training within one year of hire or transfer into position.
• Must have a valid Maryland driver’s license.
• Current CPR certification required or obtained prior to providing direct patient care.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class