Location: Greenbelt MD
Company Name: Lafarge
Occupational Category: 47-2061.00,Construction Laborers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
OverviewAggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality construction building materials in the United States, has immediate openings for Asphalt Laborers to support operations in the Baltimore-Washington area.
The position works on various asphalt jobs including paving and re-surfacing of city streets and alleys, repair and maintenance of street and alley sections, filling of potholes, installing asphalt speed bumps, and preparing areas for asphalt paving and re-surfacing.Responsibilities
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Uses various hand-held devices commonly used in asphalt paving projects to assist in paving and re-surfacing.
• Keeps the work area clean and free of debris
• Reports all incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with policy.
• Adheres to Company safety standards.Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• A minimum of one year of experience in the paving and repair of street surfaces using asphalt materials and/or related asphalt equipment
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Strong safety-orientation
• Ability to comprehend and to speak EnglishBardon, Inc.
d/b/a Aggregate Industries and their affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
deere, diesel mechanic, diesel technician, excavator, fleet, forklift, forklift operator, heavy equipment, landfill, operator