Location: Hampton VA
Company Name: SMG
Occupational Category: 11-3031.02,Financial Managers, Branch or Department
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
ASM Global, the leader in privately-managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Accounting Manager at the Hampton Roads Convention Center. As directed by the Director of Finance, the Accounting performs the daily activities of the accounting function by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other Duties may be assigned.
• Assists the Director of Finance with special reports as needed, including the preparation of various accounting statements, inventory reports, graphs, account reconciliations and financial reports.
• Accounts for facility financial transactions; generates and inputs journal entries.
• Cash receipts, prepares checks for deposit, and verifies bank transactions.
• Invoices clients for balances due and follows up on outstanding accounts receivable invoices.
• Prepares and performs/assists with event settlements; works as a liaison with other facility departments to wrap up event accounting activity.
• Maintains balance sheet detail records; performs account analysis; reconciles balance sheet accounts.
• Assists in box office operations and safe audits, as needed.
• Performs account analysis and records on other general ledger accounts.
• Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports.
• Prepares and performs account reconciliations, including A/R and A/P control accounts to detail aging and event reconciliations.
• Prepares and performs bank reconciliations and reconciles cash receipts and disbursements.
• Reviews and analyzes prepaid accounts.
• Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for Hampton Roads Convention Center departments; recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
• Prepares monthly event labor allocations, working closely with various departments for input.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
• One (1) year related work experience in the finance or accounting field including full time or internship experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to do this job:
• Advanced MS Office proficiency, particularly necessary are advanced spreadsheet skills.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines, working effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule to produce accurate results.
• Thorough knowledge or financial and cost accounting.
• Excellent math skills and attention to details.
• Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management and clients.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision and with all levels of staff including management.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have exposure to accounting and financial reporting software, advanced abilities with spreadsheets and word processing software, ability to operate a personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software, and operate standard office equipment including copiers and fax machines.
Hours of Work and Travel Requirements:
Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to events and functions. Working hours may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays. No travel required.
Physical Demands/Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of accounting information on a PC monitor, as well as, hard copy output. Manual dexterity for the regular use of hands for typing, coding general ledger information, handling files and operating various office machines is required. May spend long hours in sitting at a computer, viewing a computer monitor. Occasional lifting of up to 25lbs.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We will only accept application from January 28, 2020 through February 29, 2020
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled