Location: Herndon VA
Company Name: The Select Group
Occupational Category: 27-1021.00,Commercial and Industrial Designers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
CAD DRAFTER (ENTRY LEVEL)- Herndon, VA
Calling all drafters and recent college graduates! We are looking for an individual that is passionate about engineering and drafting! This position is perfect for anyone who is looking to kick-start their career and be part of a collaborative CAD team!
4 Things Google Missed About this Gig:
• Keep walking if: You don’t enjoy drafting and design.
• Key thing to remember is: You will be working on various projects pertaining to engineering.
• Huge Bonus: This company is growing like crazy, with no intentions of slowing down. There is a lot of room for growth and upward mobility!
• The reason you wake up: Because you want to be successful. This company has multiple career paths for you to follow – you could go on to become project leads, project managers, telecom engineers, etc.!
CAD DRAFTER (ENTRY LEVEL) REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, or equivalent Engineering OR
• Professional experience with AutoCAD (or equivalent) or field surveying
• Proficient in AutoCAD and drawing and data entry skills
• Self-driven, professional, high-energy and receptive to learning on the job and growing into role
CAD DRAFTER (ENTRY LEVEL) RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Diagrams, schematics, layouts, multi-view, and various drawings to scale in accordance with clients' requests.
• Mathematical, geometrical, and minor engineering computation.
• To scale engineering drawings using computer aided drafting system.
• Detailed design drawings and related specifications of civil/ electrical equipment according to engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts.
• This would include structure, schematic, foundation, grounding, steel, layout, equipment, apparatus, wiring, panel, AC&DC, one lines, and other type drawings necessary to produce substation, relay, and line design job packages.
• File drawings, maintain catalogs of engineering data, and perform other routine drawing room functions as required