Location: Hillsboro OR
Company Name: PrideStaff
Occupational Category: 51-4012.00,Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
CNC Lathe Programmer / Set Up:
Our client designs and manufactures tooling and fixtures to streamline and improve every aspect of the Printed Circuit Board assembly process. Their precision machining group is also available to custom manufacture and assemble to your print specifications, from prototype to high volume production quantities.
Our client combines Manufacturing Engineering, an experienced and innovative design group, and the latest CNC machining technology to create the kind of Value-Added supplier you need in your corner. They partner with their customers, building lasting relationships, to consistently provide solutions for all of their printed circuit board assembly needs.
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
CNC Programmer / Set Up Duties:
• Programming at the control for basic programs
• Needs to set up machines with live radial and axial tooling
• Has programmed using software
• We utilize Gibbs and will train
• Read GD&T on prints
• Should be well versed on feeds and speeds for all types of material
• Plastics, Alum, Mild steels, Stainless steels, titanium, etc.
• Must be able to work independently and without much supervision
• Experience with HAAS machines.
CNC Operator Duties:
• Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
• Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
• Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications:
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Rate of Pay: $22.00 to $28.00 per hour
Shift: Day and Swing needed
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): $22.00 to $28.00 per hour