Location: Houston TX
Company Name: Robert Half
Occupational Category: 43-6014.00,Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
Date Posted: 2020-02-14
Valid Through: 2020-03-15
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
If you desire to start a career as an Accounting Clerk, Accountemps is currently trying to fill the position for a prominent company in the manufacturing industry. The primary responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk will include but not be limited to assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R), matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, and general forms of data entry. If you are innovative and motivated, get your career moving in the right direction in a dynamic team environment. This is a long-term temporary employment based in the Houston, Texas area.
How you will make an impact
• General accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
• Put together statements and reports that require utilization of an assortment of sources
• Collaborate with Accounts Receivable: apply cash receipt, process daily invoices/credit, and help with collection of past due balance
• Post financial information to journals and ledgers
• Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
• Classify documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
• Aid Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
• Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
• AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
• Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
• Knowledge of Administrative Tasks
• Accruals experience
• Administrative Assistance experience desired
• Prior experience in Spreadsheet and ERP system
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills - helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on FortuneÂ® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at ~~~ or visit ~~~ to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Â© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $17.10 - $19.80 / Hourly
Location: Houston, TX
Date Posted: January 21, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: ~~~146
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance