Location: Houston TX
Company Name: University of Houston
Occupational Category: 51-4041.00,Machinists
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Develops and maintains laboratory machinery and equipment in a college.
• Does machining according to blueprints or drawing specifications.
• Assembles machined parts according to print.
• Moves and repairs shop machines and equipment; calibrates tools.
• Troubleshoots at the various laboratories to resolve problems with the equipment or machinery.
• Advises faculty and students on the proper use, safety and maintenance of equipment.
• May order chemicals and ensure their proper storage when not in use.
• May be required to construct items of steel, aluminum, wood, plastic and other common engineering materials.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and tools needed to perform the job.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EEO/AA18 months and 1 year experience
Requires specialized training in basic trades, principles, procedures, practice, routines or techniques in a specific area or trade which might normally be acquired through up to 18 months of education or training beyond the high school level. Vocational competence in the operation of mechanical or electronic equipment may be required.Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
- Will be required to work alternately at two building locations- UH Central and UH at Sugarland effectively responsible for acting in two separate activity centers.
- Will maintain lab documentation to include tracking of training and shop use by students and research personnel, maintenance repair activity, safety inspection activity and equipment manuals.
- Will compile some shop statistics and reports for upper management.
- Will machine lab samples for academic use, and assist with fabrication of some research project elements.
- Will be using Haas CNC Lathe TL1, CNC Mill TM1 and other industrial machine shop equipment.
- Some welding and sheet metal working skills would be desirable