Location: Houston TX
Company Name: MD Anderson Cancer Center
Occupational Category: 13-2011.02,Auditors
Date Posted: 2020-02-14
Valid Through: 2020-03-15
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Lead Auditor plans, coordinates, administers, and communicates results of larger, complex internal audit projects at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The ideal candidate will have audit experience in a healthcare environment.
• Trains other auditors on how to perform audits in accordance with all applicable standards.
• Performs fieldwork activities independently on complex engagements and/or special projects.
• Independently identifies risks and related controls, including fraud risks, during planning and fieldwork.
• Coordinates and conducts risk assessment activities and independently validates identified controls.
• Reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, ensuring that all risks and controls (including fraud risks and controls) have been properly identified and documented, all controls have been adequately tested, and all results are based on documented evidence in accordance with applicable standards.
• Trains other auditors on how to gather appropriate evidence.
• Conducts client interviews and other interactions with mid-level and senior management independently on more complex engagements.
• Identifies appropriate client contacts during planning and fieldwork; schedules timely client meetings; prepares questions aligned with the meeting agenda.
• Demonstrates and trains other auditors on effective listening skills to gather information; and subsequently provides reliable information to team members.
• Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team.
• Represents Internal Audit in a professional manner.
• Manages large, complex projects with larger teams.+ Independently conducts project planning and fieldwork activities, developing project objectives and procedures based on evaluation of risks and controls.+ Sets deadlines for the completion of all project tasks.+ Monitors project budget and timeline to meet project deadlines.+ Proactively communicates status of project to team.
• Provides clear direction to all team members on their assignments, encourages input from all team members, and provides evaluative feedback to team members in a timely manner.
Audit Reporting and Communication with Management
• Develops draft reports that are timely, supported by sufficient evidence in the work papers, and in compliance with applicable standards.+ For each project, ensure that global observations and recommendations are communicated in a clear and concise manner.+ Incorporates graphics, as applicable, to enhance the report.
• Keeps the client and Internal Audit Management apprised of issues throughout the audit.+ Fosters relationships with Process Owners.http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
• Requisition ID: 130514
• Employment Status: Full-Time
• Employee Status: Regular
• FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
• Work Week: Days
• Fund Type: Hard
• Pivotal Position: Yes
• Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 81,600
• Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 102,000
• Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 122,400