Location: Houston TX
Company Name: Cornerstone Building Brands
Occupational Category: 51-4041.00,Machinists
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Plan the most efficient method to brake form parts.
• Supply proper input information to computer control for brake press to make parts.
• Perform operation of press to make the part.
• Perform quality checks per mark number and record.
• Perform die changes on all brake presses properly.
• Make any adjustments to meet quality requirements.
• Program CNC systems per job basis.
• Process all related paperwork.
• Perform other duties in department as needed.
• Will be lifting 50 – 90 pounds throughout the workday.
• Range of motion will include squatting, bending, reaching, climbing, stooping, and crawling.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to read and understand shop drawings and blueprints.
• Must be able to use measuring instruments such as protractor, micrometer, etc.
• Must possess a basic understanding of brake press operations and requirements.
• Must be able to operate a forklift, crane, various saws, nail gun, and other department equipment as needed.
• Must be willing/able to work overtime and available to work all shifts.
• Must have a good attendance record!
• Must be a responsible individual who is a self-starter.
• Must be detail-oriented with a strong commitment to quality.
• Must be able to work effectively within a team environment.
• Must be safety-conscious.
• Must possess problem-solving ability.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin
Keywords: Cornerstone Building Brands jobs, Machine Operator II - Manufacturing placements, Cornerstone Building Brands jobs vacancies, Machinists full time near me