Location: Houston TX
Company Name: Houston SPCA
Occupational Category: 11-2031.00,Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Collaborates with the Vice President and Development Team on achieving current revenue targets and expense budgets with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget and strategic plan.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive fund development program to cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective major gift and planned giving donors from individuals, corporations, and foundations in support of fundraising priorities.
• Researches and maintains individual donor profiles on qualified prospects and donors.
• Oversees and executes a comprehensive tracking system for all major and planned gift donors and prospects in conjunction/compliment with existing overall donor tracking methodology.
• Researches and builds relationships with attorneys, trust officers, accountants, financial planners and other estate planning professionals regarding gift opportunities for clients.
• Provides development progress reports to VP of Development on a monthly basis.
• Builds relationships with prospective donors, key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate partners.
Knowledge, skill and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of this position:
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred.
• Minimum five years of demonstrated success and increased responsibility in identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts.
• Demonstrated ability to close gifts of $25,000 or higher.
• Understanding of and experience in applying concepts of Planned Giving, Major Gifts, Annual Fund, and Capital Campaigns.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people including major donors, board members, fellow staff members, corporate, foundation, and other nonprofit representatives.
• Willingness to travel to build donor relationships and awareness of the Houston SPCA’s mission.
• Sensitivity to and respect for the privacy rights of donors in all communications.
• Passion for the mission of the Houston SPCA.
• Proven aptitude for strategic planning, marketing, donor relations/stewardship, and grant writing in a collaborative manner with board and staff.
• Ability to meet deadlines and respond to multiple demands concurrently with excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and quality.
• Able to work a flexible schedule including weekend and evening shifts.
This job description is not designed to encompass all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the individual. Other duties than those listed herein may be assigned