Location: Houston TX
Company Name: Allstate
Occupational Category: 43-4051.00,Customer Service Representatives
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Medical Payment Claims Service Specialist in the Northwest Houston, TX Area!
• **This position is located at 4920 West Way Park BLVD., Houston, TX. 77041***
• **Starting entry level salary of $31,200***
The Support Function is responsible for assisting claims professionals or a Field office by performing analysis or activities related to customer satisfaction, loss, and expense management, or other claim activity. Support may include clerical data entry, processing claims, medical, and witness report requests, filing paper documents, processing claims payments, and performing word processing. Support also may include obtaining first notice of loss reports from claimant/agent via telephone/fax/mail/internet.
This job processes non-complex, non-technical claim related activities within established quality, productivity and process standards on specific losses as directed by management or a claim adjuster. The individual handles a single line of claims or a combination of claims from different segments. The individual is expected to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention.
• Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
• Performs clerical duties, including data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
• Handles claim files (locates/requests files, files paperwork, reconstructs missing files, moves misfiled documents, sends to other offices, etc.)
• Retrieves, prints, faxes, or mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
• Provides back-up for any support functions in the office
• Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
• Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
• Generates and sends appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
• Processes claims payments
• Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
Must be available to work any shift ranging between the hours of 7:00am - 7:30pm Monday through Friday.
As a condition of employment, your office/area may require you to obtain an adjuster and/or an appraiser license If required, the Hiring Manager will work with you along with the Centralized Licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent with previous experience in either customer service and/or a professional work environment
• At least 2 years of experience in either customer service and/or a professional work environment
• Previous medical payment claim processing experience is a plus, but not required
• Good organization skills with timely follow-up skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Excel and Word
• Performs routine tasks of basic complexity under general supervision
• Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
• Prior Military are encouraged to apply
• Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life - including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Requisition #: 144362-en_US