Location: Houston TX
Company Name: Retail Information Systems
Occupational Category: 15-1151.00,Computer User Support Specialists
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
At Linked Retail, we partner with brands and retailers to make their businesses more efficient and profitable through the next evolution in brand and ecommerce integrations. Located in Houston, TX we've been getting retailers connected and online since 2010.
We want to invite a Production Assistant/Support Technician to join our team. This can be an entry-level position as long as you're honest about the bolded parts below and have at minimum the main requirements in the Skills section.
At Linked Retail we encourage growth, learning (on your own and together), and cross-training. We want a self-motivated learner and a team-player that can be professional to clients. We're growing, building a business, and you will be a part of that. You will learn a lot here. You have been warned.
Communication, being a part of a team, and a willingness to learn tasks/responsibilities outside your own roles to understand our entire project processes and products are important. The more you know.
As a Production Assistant/Support Technician you will be chiefly responsible for assisting with and executing product installations for clients, monitoring product services and servers, and troubleshooting those services and servers to identify/resolve issues when needed. You must be comfortable working alone, with clients, and with the team; manage deadlines and respond in a strong and clear manner via email, phone, and if circumstances permit, in person. The majority of tasks are accomplished remotely from our Houston of office.
There will be overlap in support with other products, again stressing cross-training, requiring you to learn various systems to understand how all these integrate together. You will also participate in product development cycles, sprints, and quality assurance.
- Compensation is based on experience; currently looking for entry to mid-level experience at this time
- Position is in Houston, TX; no telecommute options available
- Monday – Friday; 9 AM – 6 PM; must be open to after hour support if required
Typical Work Tasks:
- Meeting with the project manager and client to discuss project requirements
- Working with the project manager and client on scheduling product installations
- Reviewing daily server logs, performing daily server and system checks, and verifying support ticket statuses
- Accepting, reviewing, and troubleshooting support tickets from clients
- Working with developers on product-related bugs, process-flows, and developments
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
These are the definite must-haves:
- Microsoft SQL Server; Transact-SQL
- FTP, FTPS, SFTP; Filezilla, CuteFTP, WinSCP, etc.
- Windows Desktop – Windows 7 and later
- Windows Server – 2008 and later
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Google Apps; specifically, Gmail and Drive
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects/tasks and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines
- If you get stuck, you’re resourceful enough to find the answer, or cool enough to ask for help
- Are highly motivated, receptive to learn new things, able to work alone, or part of a team
- Provide creative problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Strong and clear written and oral communication skills; able to email, phone, and speak in person to clients
Any familiarity with these makes for awesomeness:
- Business Intelligence Studio
- Oracle; SQL Developer, SQL PLUS, or PLSQL Developer
- Microsoft Visual Studio – C#; Windows desktop apps, .Net web apps
- Subversion Source Control
- EDI experience
- Any Retail or POS experience
- Asana (for Project Management)
- Zendesk (Support Ticket Management)
Linked Retail offers medical benefits. Compensation consideration is based on experience. Please provide a resume and examples of your work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines