Location: Houston TX
Company Name: Catholic Health Initiatives
Occupational Category: 43-4051.00,Customer Service Representatives
Date Posted: 2020-02-14
Valid Through: 2020-03-15
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Team Leader Environment Services
HOUSTON, TEXAS, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2020-R0274258
Post Date: 2 days ago
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TX > HOUSTON > BSLMG VINTAGE PCP
Leads the work of Environmental Services employees in the absence of the
supervisor. Maintains the Hospital’s environment to be clean, safe and germ
free. Displays image of the Hospital by demonstrating courteous and professional
behavior towards patients, physicians, visitors, volunteers and other employees.
• Follows infection control practices and safety practices in all
• Activities include: leading the work of others, scheduling,
coordinating shift change activities, assigning work to others, cleaning floors;
damp dusting furniture and fixtures; making and cleaning patient beds; cleaning
and emptying ash urns and waste receptacles; washing windows, walls, ceilings,
vents and lights; changing light bulbs; performing non-routine floor care duties
(buffing, shampooing, etc.); inspecting and replace curtains and cubicles;
checking and stocking soap and paper supplies; hauling out trash; moving
furniture; and using various cleaning equipment, carts and products.
Requires leadership responsibilities and ability to team build and motivate
employees. Requires a normal, responsive relationship indicating sensitivity to
other people. Must maintain as confidential information accidentally gained in
the process of doing one’s own work. Must demonstrate the ability to cooperate
• Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all
• Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards
• Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts
effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the
broader health care community.
Education and Licensure
• Required: None
• 1 year of related experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Requires self-discipline to perform work specifically assigned.
• Requires a display of personal attitude, courtesy and appearance for others tolook favorably on the institution (much contact with public).
• Requires anunderstanding of either verbal or written communication and instructions. Mustbe able to interpret written warnings as posted on doorways and chemicals.Requires use of judgment making decisions adherent to standards.
• Must beable to work weekends and holidays.
• Requires continuous contact withcleaning solutions.
• Requires a normal, responsive relationship indicatingsensitivity to other people. Must maintain as confidential any informationaccidentally gained in the process of working. Must demonstrate the ability tocooperate with others
English is required to take direction from management, understand how to
complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as
necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines, and understand the Associate
Handbook and all hospital policies.
the ability to understand a variety of instructions and deliver successful
• Requisition ID: 2020-R0274258
• Schedule: Full-time
• Shift: Evening Job
• Market: CHI St. Luke's Vintage Hospital
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic