Location: Houston TX
Company Name: Houston SPCA
Occupational Category: 29-2041.00,Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Serve as a contact for those externally in the animal welfare and sheltering community.
• Maintain positive, professional relations with various transfer partners and coordinate transfers in and out of the Houston SPCA.
• Actively recruit new partners to increase the number of transfers.
• Maintain and provide monthly statistics on transfers.
• Serve in a leadership capacity when opening and closing the campus as assigned.
• Supervise staff members and volunteers participating in animal transfers.
• Provide information to the public about Houston SPCA programs and promoting good animal care and responsible pet ownership.
• Advise potential adopters of Houston SPCA adoption benefits, policies and procedures.
• Protect all confidential information, including customers, donors, animals and internal communications.
• Represent the Houston SPCA by providing excellent customer service and focus.
• Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, skill and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of this position:
• High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years of related working experience. Bachelor?s Degree preferred.
• Valid Texas Driver?s License (CDL not required) and insurable under the Houston SPCA auto policy.
• Follow the mission of the Houston SPCA.
• Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships within the Houston SPCA, with volunteers and the public and be a team player.
• Thorough knowledge of the Houston SPCA adoption policies and procedures, as well as knowledge of Houston SPCA partners and products/services they offer.
• Knowledge and application of operational policies and protocols, such as, but not limited to admitting, cleaning and medical protocols.
• Working knowledge of breeds, diseases, medical conditions, and animal handling and behavior.
• Ability to handle animals safely, with patience and gentleness.
• Represent the Houston SPCA in a professional manner in all situations with the public, volunteers and staff.
• Demonstrate patience, courtesy and work well under stressful conditions.
• Knowledge and ability to accurately work with detailed information in paper and electronic form.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
• Ability to learn and quickly adapt to changes in programs and procedures.
• Ability to work unscheduled hours.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• This job description is not designed to encompass all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the individual. Other duties than those listed herein may be assigned