Location: Houston TX
Company Name: Spring Independent School District
Occupational Category: 25-3099.02,Tutors
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: PART_TIME
Openings as of 2/8/2020
• Tutor, Bilingual JobID: 5975
• * Position Type:
• Date Posted:
• * Days: 187
JOB TITLE: Part-Time Certified Tutor
REPORTS TO: Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Non-Exempt
PAY GRADE: $30 an hour
The certified tutor is responsible for implementing the district's goals, policies and procedures in the subject area or grade level assigned; in accordance with the campus needs assessment, and campus improvement plan.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement. Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from accredited university
• Valid Texas Teacher certificate as required by the State Board of Education Certification Preferred:
• One year teaching experience required SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
• Knowledge of subjects assigned
• General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
• Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Bilingual Preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Teaches in accordance with staff assignment.
• Displays effective teaching practices.
• Completes effective lesson plans with immediate and long range goals.
• Develops lessons appropriately.
• Uses time effectively,
• Chooses appropriate materials and activities.
• Presents subject matter clearly and interestingly
• Coordinates and plans with team members when appropriate.
• Administers the classroom to create an environment conducive to learning.
• Organizes the procedures for effective classroom management.
• Organizes the assigned area in an efficient, appealing manner.
• Provides flexibility for individual and group activities.
• Practices positive discipline techniques that help students gain self-control and responsibility for their action is.
• Maintains a positive, accepting attitude in working with students.
• Cooperates with school personnel in providing for student welfare.
• Supervises behavior and safety of students in classes, between classes and during school-related activities on and off campus.
• Works with counselors, administrators, parents and other staff members to place students in the most effective educational setting.
• Instruct students in school safety and emergency drill procedures.
• Participates in special activities and programs provided for students and parents.
• Initiates communications with parents.
• ?Inform parents about programs for students.
• Makes parents aware if problems arise.
• Keeps parents informed about student progress.
• Cooperates with appropriate program directors.
• Administers an appropriate record keeping system.
• Maintains accurate records for student evaluation and progress.
• Maintains accurate attendance records as required by building, District and state regulations.
• Maintains accurate records for all textbooks, materials, and funds provided by the District.
• Maintains records of parent contacts, conferences, disciplinary measures and referrals to other school personnel.
• Meets required record keeping format and timelines effectively.
• Exemplifies professionalism in behavior and performance.?
• Cooperates with staff and administrators, sharing work willingly.
• Works with team leaders and principal to benefit from evaluation by using strengths and improving areas of needs.
• Exemplifies professionalism and creates a positive attitude toward the teaching profession.
• Promotes understanding of District programs and policies.
• Remains current in education and the specific areas of instruction though literature, workshops, conferences, professional organizations and college courses. WORKING CONDITIONS:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, frequent standing, stooping, bending some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. May be required to move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desk and other classroom equipment. Mental demands: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to interpret a variety of data; ability to interpret TEC and policy; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory, ability to be effective in both oral and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.