Location: Houston TX
Company Name: Arch Capital
Occupational Category: 43-9061.00,Office Clerks, General
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The primary focus of the Underwriting Assistant will be on the support functions to a team of underwriters including the processing of endorsements, binders and billing transactions; the gathering and qualifying of underwriting data from our brokers. The Underwriting Assistant is responsible for contributing to the profitability and revenue goals of the department through individual account underwriting support. Duties include assisting the underwriter in the evaluation, pricing and underwriting of individual accounts and providing customer servicing of our accounts through processing transactions.
• Review submissions, obtain pertinent underwriting information in order to enable the underwriter to accurately identify and assess risk hazards and exposures.
• Complete other underwriting account support tasks with minimal supervision as per company guidelines.
• Adhere to all service standards by completing transactional underwriting duties in a timely and accurate fashion including: preparation of proposals and binders; issuance of policies and endorsements; processing of reinsurance transactions; and completion of account transactions as required.
• Respond promptly to all internal and external customer requests with detailed file documentation for all discussions and decisions.
• Perform special projects as assigned under minimal supervision.
• Very strong organizational skill with the ability to effectively handle multiple assignments, prioritize work and meet deadlines in a dynamic and results oriented environment
• Ability to work independently as a member of a team.
• Knowledge of Commercial Lines coverages and rating (WC, GL, Auto, Umbrella, 1st Party lines)
• Basic understanding of oilfield and energy terminology.
• Highly motivated proactive approach to job responsibilities.
• Knowledge and working understanding of business and financial concepts.
• Solid math and analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a detail oriented environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Proficient in Microsoft products (Office, Word, Excel) and ability to quickly master proprietary and vended software applications
• Understanding of policy structure, policy forms and endorsements
• Knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues
• Knowledge of Guaranteed Cost or Loss Sensitive Primary Casualty Account Programs
• Knowledge of insurance accounting
• Ability to develop relationships with internal and external customers
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent training preferred
• Three to five years of energy underwriting assistance experience
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis through its wholly owned subsidiaries. Arch offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, Arch is committed to helping its associates create what's next by providing access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth. We seek talent that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to serve our customers and develop our company.
A subsidiary of Arch Capital Group Ltd., Arch Insurance employs disciplined underwriting and prudent risk selection across all types of business. We have offices in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, UK, and Australia.
Arch Insurance Group is a market-leading specialty insurer providing property, casualty and a wide range of specialty insurance for corporations, professional firms and financial institutions around the globe. From product development to policy servicing to claims payment, we are dedicated to providing our customers with superb coverage and service.
Arch offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including a student loan assistance program, 401k company match and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP). Additionally, Arch is committed to supporting professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth