Location: Indianapolis IN
Company Name: Textron
Occupational Category: 49-3023.00,Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Performs the tasks of functional testing, troubleshooting and repairing avionics systems on board the aircraft at a Textron Aviation Service Center.
• Performs the functional testing required to isolate a customer complaint in a particular avionics system and repairing that aircraft system in accordance with FAA procedures.
• Based on in-flight analysis and/or evaluation of information received from the customer, diagnoses problems and takes corrective action.
• Troubleshoots problems to defective units or wiring discrepancies.
• Replaces defective units, repairs wiring and modifies aircraft as required.
• As required, accompanies pilot in flight to functional test repaired systems and/or aligned systems.
• Works from aircraft orders, wiring diagrams, oral and written instructions to perform job duties.
• Responsible only for own work.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable)
Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications :EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
2 years college or technical school and/or military avionics/electronic schools
Duties require more than 2 years experience in aircraft avionics systems, troubleshooting and repair
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.