Location: Indianapolis IN
Company Name: Textron
Occupational Category: 49-2091.00,Avionics Technicians
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
To work as part the Mobile Service Truck (MST) team, focused on the maintenance activities and work scope of the Customers Citation aircraft. To install, adjust, functional test, troubleshoot and repair avionics systems on board the aircraft at remote locations. Will assist the MST A&P Technician with reviewing the work scope with Customers and adding squawks as required. Will respond to Customer inquiries and be responsible for assuring Customer satisfaction by coordinating with the Service Center Team. Will assist the MST A&P Technician with overseeing the maintenance of the MST, insuring vehicle is properly serviced and road worthy at all times.
• Performs the functional testing required to isolate a customer complaint in a particular avionics system and repairing that aircraft system in accordance with FAA procedures.
• Based on in-flight analysis and/or evaluation of information received from the customer, diagnoses problems and takes corrective action.
• Troubleshoots problems on defective units or wiring discrepancies.
• Replaces defective units, repairs wiring and modifies. Works from appropriate Textron Aviation schematics, blueprints and service bulletins.
• Responsible for final testing of avionics equipment and signing off customer discrepancy sheets.
• Ensures all transmitting and receiving equipment (includes pulse equipment) complies with all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Installs modifications on the aircraft, including wiring build-up and aircraft installations.
• As required, accompanies pilot in flight for diagnosis and observation, or to functional test repaired systems and/or align systems.
• Orders and obtains parts necessary to effect aircraft repairs. Assures that cores are returned in accordance with established procedure.
• Responsible for communicating safety expectations of the Service Center.
• Monitors the work environment to assure it is maintained in a safe and orderly condition.
• Identifies and corrects unsafe acts.
• Responsible for continually updating knowledge and staying current on latest avionics developments and equipment to maintain current status of all FCC and FAA repair station licenses.
• Works as a member of a team focused on meeting customer expectations requiring Mechanics and Avionic Technicians to assist each other as required.
• Must possess a Textron Aviation-issued driver license and valid state-issued driver license. Both are required to operate Company-owned vehicles or vehicles under Textron Aviation control. Textron Aviation driver license candidates are required to possess at the minimum, the state requirement for vehicle liability insurance in order to be eligible for a Textron Aviation-issued driver license and a valid state-issued driver's license.
• Performs related duties as required.
Qualifications :EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
• Equivalent to 4 years high school plus a level of training equal to 2 years college or technical school
• Over 3 years experience in aircraft avionics systems, troubleshooting, and repair
• Airframe and Power Plant Certification
• Minimum 1-2 years on Cessna, Hawker, or Beechcraft aircraft.WORKING CONDITIONS:
Generally good working conditions occasionally exposed to disagreeable weather conditions.
• Duties require a broad knowledge of electronics and ability to use all test equipment connected with this field
• Must have knowledge of the operation of avionics systems including communication, navigation, auto-pilot, flight detector, pulse equipment including DME, transponder, and weather radar.
• Must be able to obtain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable