Location: Indianapolis IN
Company Name: Indiana Public Retirement System
Occupational Category: 13-2051.00,Financial Analysts
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) is among the largest 100 pension systems in the United States. INPRS serves the needs of approximately 466,000 members and retirees representing approximately 1,200 employers, including public universities, school corporations, public safety, municipalities and state agencies. The Indiana Public Retirement System is a public pension fund who manages approximately $36 billion in assets, making it one of the largest in the United States.
• Asset Class Portfolio (~75%) & Asset Allocation (~25%)
• Generate reports, evaluate data, and recommend changes with regard to asset allocation and external management within an asset class in the INPRS investment portfolio (e.g. private credit, private equity, real estate, etc.).
• Conduct and complete, on a timely basis, research projects related to the ongoing development of the INPRS investment program.
• Assist in managing relationships with external parties including investment managers and consultants.
• Act as liaison between internal accounting, operations, and legal departments with matters regarding the asset class.
• Research strategic/tactical opportunities across the investment portfolio and present analysis to the Chief Investment Officer and investment team.
• Support portfolio risk management efforts by becoming an expert user on INPRS investment risk management software (currently BarraOne) as well as Bloomberg.
• Preparing ad hoc scenario analysis, stress testing, and other risk-related research.
• As required, assist the Chief Investment Officer, Deputy Chief Investment Officer, and/or Directors by conducting ad hoc investment research.
• Adhere to the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct as well as all internal policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of statistical concepts, methods, and models, and their application to investments. Considerable skill in using a computer in a Windows environment with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and other business software to prepare correspondence, spreadsheets, charts and reports.
• Considerable skill in conducting data searches and evaluations of large amounts of information, performing complex statistical analysis of the data, and preparing concise and accurate reports and written/oral recommendations.
• Skill in planning, organizing, and prioritizing work assignments to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced and changing environment, and in completing detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent verbal and/or written communication of complex information that is accurate, timely and based on sound judgment, and in making presentations to groups with varied levels of investment knowledge.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
• Ability to travel as needed in order to conduct due diligence on investment managers, attend partnership advisory board and fund annual meetings.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelors degree required from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in finance, accounting, economics, math or a related degree.
• 1-3 years of professional investment or related experience and/or relevant internship experience desired, but not required.
• CFA charterholder or candidate in the CFA program desired, but not required.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
• Competitive Compensation with Investment Incentive Compensation Plan
• Healthcare Coverage (Medical / Dental / Vision Plans)
• Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
• Prescription Coverage
• Employer Funded Retirement Plan (pension plan)
• Deferred Compensation Plan (employer and/or employee contribution plan)
• Flexible Spending Account
• Work/Life Balance
• Paid Leave (Vacation, Personal & Sick)
• 12 to 14 State Paid Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employer-Paid Downtown Parking
• Commuter Benefit
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to our designated careers email. For more information about our organization, please visit the INPRS website: http://www.in.gov/inprs.
This position is not eligible for H-1B or any other kind of temporary or permanent sponsorship for work authorization by the Indiana Public Retirement System. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship from us for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
• United States (Required