Location: Indianapolis IN
Company Name: Clif Bar
Occupational Category: 29-1062.00,Family and General Practitioners
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
JOB TITLE: Mixer Operator LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
DEPARTMENT: Production POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor LEADS OTHERS: No
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 2+ years' DATE CREATED: October 2019
A DIFFERENT KIND OF …
"We're working to run a different kind of company. The kind of place we'd want to work, that makes the kind of food we'd like to eat, and that strives for a healthier, more sustainable world –the kind of world we'd like to pass on to our children." –Kit Crawford, Co-CEO & Founder
Guided by our innovative business model & the Five Aspirations ( https://www.clifbar.com/article/the-five-aspirations ) – Sustaining our Business, Brands, People, Community & Planet- we believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we love. Working at Clif Bar Baking Company is a chance to make impactful changes. To your career. To your community. To your planet. And, to your life!
Clif Bar Baking Company is looking for a Premix Operator to join our Bakery Team in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The ideal candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a "high-change" environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates, who connect through a positive respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations and create extraordinary experiences, solutions, and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The Premixer will operate and perform routine maintenance on packaging equipment. Ensure that the highest possible quality bars are prepared for consumer consumption. Emphasis on team member and food safety must always be maintained. Participate as a member of the production team and perform all tasks and behaviors necessary to contribute to a successful team. Cleaning and maintenance of equipment while following all Good Manufacturing Practice principles is required.
Position Objectives and Primary Responsibilities:
• Ensure personal safety, food safety and quality protocols are followed.
• Complete all job specific training.
• Operate computer-controlled processing equipment.
• Perform minor maintenance and upkeep of machinery utilizing basic hand tools.
• Maintain clean equipment and a clean work area following sanitation protocols.
• Work with a high-performance work team structure utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
• Participate in team building within your team and across all shifts.
• Perform all other related duties as requested.
• Execute standard work procedures according to written documentation.
Position-Specific Skills Required:
Ability to operate ingredient scales and ingredient dispensing machines according to work instructions.
• Ability to order and return ingredients with accuracy and efficiency.
• Ability to steam and wet wash equipment according to sanitation process.
• Ability to operate an electric pallet jack.
• Ability to weigh materials accurately.
• Ability to continuously lift 50-pound bags and/or large containers.
• Ability to assign and label material to batches.
• Willingness to train and work in other operations processes.
• Willingness to participate in root cause analysis meetings, fact-finding missions, and other improvement initiatives.
• Willingness to train others
Leadership Skills Required
• Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
• Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
Technical Expertise Required
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations.
• Ability to use basic hand tools.
• Ability to read and understand English.
• Ability to use machine interface panels.
• Can perform designated checks on machines.
• Can read and follow written work instructions.
• Can perform minor troubleshooting including but not limited to unjamming and restarting equipment.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
At Clif Bar Baking Company, the journey has always been more important than the destination. HOW we get things done is as important as WHAT gets done, and our Ingredients ( https://www.clifbar.com/article/the-ingredients-what-makes-a-clifster ) (CREATE, INSPIRE, CONNECT, OWN IT, BE YOURSELF) remind us of just that. We challenge and celebrate one another, we help to balance each other's lives, and we value laughter and fun as an integral quality in our workplace.
We also value diversity and celebrate our people being their most authentic selves. We believe that an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace makes us more creative, innovative, effective, and resilient – a truly different kind of company! We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, experiences, and perspectives. Clif Bar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We want to help our people live the lives they want to live so we've created an environment where we all can grow and succeed both personally and professionally through creating a company culture that inspires and supports our people inside and outside of work.
We sustain our people with comprehensive benefits, annual incentive plans, company matching on 401k contributions, and employees are encouraged to participate in paid volunteer opportunities. Additionally, our people enjoy a paid sabbatical program, sustainability benefits including a cool commute program, and athletic competition stipends, as well as National and State Park, Pass reimbursement. In 2010, Kit & Gary implemented an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) recognizing employees' roles in helping build our business. Come join us at Clif Bar Baking Company