Location: Indianapolis IN
Company Name: IndyGo
Occupational Category: 17-2051.00,Civil Engineers
Date Posted: 2020-02-21
Valid Through: 2020-03-22
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Looking to fill immediately!
Indianapolis voters and City Council have approved a new dedicated source of local funding for the transit system, which
will drive a major overhaul. IndyGo, the transit agency for Indianapolis and Marion County, will be implementing a 70% increase in service, 3 new rapid transit lines, and redeploying its entire local bus network to a high frequency grid. The Project Manager- Design will provide technical reviews and assist in managing the design phases for various new BRT lines as well as other capital improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Under limited supervision, plans, coordinates, and manages multiple design projects as assigned, including but not limited to Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) and BRT projects.
• Assist in developing project scope of work, project schedules and budgets.
• Provide design reviews at various stages of design and ensures compliance with design intentions, regulatory requirements, and technical contract documents
• Assist in the preparation of project technical reports and design for approval/acceptance.
• Interpret and apply relevant codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
• Co-ordinate and manage consultant teams retained to provide planning and design for assigned projects.
• Monitors project progress, and prepares and submits weekly status reports to the Supervisor.
• Serves as liaison between IndyGo personnel, city and other agencies, contractors, consultants and the public for assigned projects.
OT HER FUNCTIONS
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field required.
• 5 plus years of experience in civil/municipal engineering preferred , including working on transportation and infrastructure related projects.
• Valid driver’s license required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these func tions.
• Extensive knowledge of Civil Engineering particularly in infrastructure design and development.
• Strong knowledge of local and state design standards.
• Ability to comprehend a variety of civil engineering principles, techniques, procedures, criteria, plans and specifications and related data.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering and architectural plans and specifications.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment to anticipate and solve unprecedented engineering problems.
• Ability to multitask- prioritize, organize, and manage tasks and time effectively; flexibility and adaptability are required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong listening skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, software applications, and complex spreadsheets and databases.
• AutoCAD and/or GIS experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the se functions.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented office and multi-project environment.
• Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time, to kneel/bend, and to move throughout the workday, occasionally between departments and/or facilities.
• Strong sensory skills, such as good hearing and good eyesight, including the use of color perception and peripheral vision.
• Ability to speak clearly.
• Ability to work for an extended period of time in harsh weather conditions.
• Requires exposure to heavy machinery/equipment, excessive noise, extreme temperatures, fumes/odors, some hazardous materials, and dirt/dust.
• Ability to lift and/or carry 30 lbs