Location: Indianapolis IN
Company Name: Accounting Principals
Occupational Category: 13-2011.01,Accountants
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Accounting Principals has partnered with a local holdings company on the east side of Indianapolis in search of a Senior Accountant to join their team. The primary responsibilities may include directing and monitoring accounting operational processes with emphasis on fixed assets accounting, end-to-end procedures, standardized practices and internal controls. Additionally, this role will require the ability to wear many hats both in accounting and finance but also in operations. Compensation for this opportunity begins at $75,000.
• Manage all fixed asset accounting functions, including asset acquisition/disposal, ensure assets are properly recorded in the appropriate cost center.
• Establish and manage fixed asset policies and procedures to safeguard Company assets and monitor and ensure compliance with policies.
• Work with operations to conduct annual fixed asset inventories and review supply inventory counts.
• Ensure financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations.
• Perform and manage monthly closing activities and special projects as needed.
• Assist in the year-end close, preparing annual financial statements, annual audit, and compiling required audit schedules and reconciliations.
• Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management.
• Manages practices and procedures in compliance with GAAP.
• Ensure financial results are reported accurately and timely.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or relevant professional certification such as CPA or CMA is a plus.
• At least 6+ years of accounting experience preferably with fixed asset experience
• Demonstrated financial reporting, accounting principles and data systems analysis.
• Solid experience working with a large ERP system
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with advanced ability to use Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Strong communication skills - verbal and written; attentive listener.
If you are interested in this Senior Accountant opportunity, please apply for further consideration